E69_julian57 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 Fictional skin https://www.mediafire.com/file/sksrlqdl7dsuh9t/F80C10_BLACK_#1.zip/file 3 2
MiGCap Posted September 17 Posted September 17 Very nice and well done, but I would prefer historical skins. 😊 2
E69_julian57 Posted September 17 Author Posted September 17 (edited) Hola@MiGCap I made this for my squadron and I’ve posted it here for anyone who’s interested. . Edited September 17 by E69_julian57 1
E69_julian57 Posted September 17 Author Posted September 17 (edited) Those who know me well will spot a certain FW vibe. The goat always heads for the hills. Edited September 17 by E69_julian57 1
MiGCap Posted September 18 Posted September 18 5 hours ago, E69_julian57 said: Hola@MiGCap I made this for my squadron and I’ve posted it here for anyone who’s interested. . That shouldn't be an affront. I like Your IL-2 GB skins very much! My game folder is full of them! 👍 But I am eagerly waiting for more historical skins for the F-80. What about "Li'l Dottie" with the three stripes on the Misawa tanks? That would be very cool!
MJones Posted September 18 Posted September 18 Love your work for GB and am pumped to see you with Korea. 1
E69_julian57 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 https://www.mediafire.com/file/5s3n6j97wqg4bj0/F80C10_SALTY+DOG_#1.zip/file 5 2 1
Yankee_One Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Great work Julian! Thank you for this nice bird! 1
FAW_Tromplamort Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Seeing your screenshot I can imagine that the warping around the nose is a painful nightmare..... Good job Julian!🫡
E69_julian57 Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 Hi @FAW_Tromplamort It takes a lot of work to adjust the text with that distortion on the nose; I did the best I could, but it's not perfect. In fact, I moved it back a little, but it didn't look right.
actionhank Posted September 24 Posted September 24 43 minutes ago, FAW_Tromplamort said: Seeing your screenshot I can imagine that the warping around the nose is a painful nightmare..... Good job Julian!🫡 As someone who is trying to get a clean curved paint line along the nose...yeah, I feel this.
gabuzomeu Posted September 24 Posted September 24 To add text, I took an existing skin from the game (ungtped) and built a grid based on the characters on the nose Alternatively, by adding a colored and numbered grid to your skin, you can find how it looks in game. PRISM from Haluter as been very unvaluable
FAW_Tromplamort Posted September 24 Posted September 24 44 minutes ago, gabuzomeu said: To add text, I took an existing skin from the game (ungtped) Wich version of UNGTP do you have? Mine dont extract default skin files as the file are crypted since long ago...
gabuzomeu Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Something called ungtp il-2 https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/41976-how-to-get-started-with-mods/ extracts not the default one but the other historical skins. Nb: actually it does stop extracting on error at some point, however you get the skins ( donnt remmeber wether from graphics.gtp or skins1.gtp...)
E69_julian57 Posted September 27 Author Posted September 27 https://www.mediafire.com/file/82shrvsh09yb5pm/F80C10_FAT+CAT_#1.zip/file 6 2
MiGCap Posted September 28 Posted September 28 I downloaded all these pretty skins and put them in the respective folders (game / data / Graphics / Skins / (aircraft name)) but they do not show up on the selection menu, only the official skins there. What do I do wrong?
E69_julian57 Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 (edited) @MiGCap The folder paths are correct. I don’t know why you can’t see them. Edited September 28 by E69_julian57
MJones Posted September 28 Posted September 28 (edited) 8 hours ago, MiGCap said: I downloaded all these pretty skins and put them in the respective folders (game / data / Graphics / Skins / (aircraft name)) but they do not show up on the selection menu, only the official skins there. What do I do wrong? Did you enable custom skins in the game options? Edited September 28 by MJones
MiGCap Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Customs skins are enabled. I tried to disable it and enable it again. No change. I also enabled the mods permission. No change for the custom skins, but the little “Mods” box in the right upper corner of the screen became visible as it should be. I disabled mods and the box vanished. I suppose for custom skins a new box should appear under the official skins box on the selection screen, is that correct? It don’t show. Could anyone post a respective screenshot?
E69_julian57 Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 @MiGCap No, all the skins you create must be placed in their respective folders; you won’t see the default ones.
MiGCap Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Yes, I know, they are all in their correct paths. But I have no chance to apply them. I only see a box “official skins” on the selection screen, no “custom skins” box so that I can change from official to custom like in IL-2GB. So my question how the selection screen should look like and where this box should appear.
gabuzomeu Posted September 28 Posted September 28 HI, please find the screenshot The skin is then displayed in the 3D view (and listed but with NO thumbnail) Did you chek the unzip is OK (you get 2 dds files per skin, same name except #1 added at the end), and that they are directly in the directory (no subdirectory) (replace F84E by F80C10 obviously) 1
MiGCap Posted September 28 Posted September 28 16 minutes ago, gabuzomeu said: Did you chek the unzip is OK (you get 2 dds files per skin, same name except #1 added at the end), and that they are directly in the directory (no subdirectory) (replace F84E by F80C10 obviously) Ah, thank You very much, that was it! I was used to the DCS system with all the .dds-files for one respective aircraft in an extra folder named for this aircraft. Didn’t thought about the fact that IL-2 skins had to be put directly into the type of aircraft folder as I used Haluter’s skin downloader for so many years now that I forgot the difference in the systems. 🙄 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now