Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

This is the livery is a Passion Project of mine and was made to represent the No.2 Squadron “Flying Cheetahs” of the South African Air force that was attached to the 18th Fighter bomber group flying the F51 Mustangs. An Air Force many have forgotten the sacrifices and contributions to the war in Korea. I’m made this livery as a way to commemorate them.

 

The Rainbow nose is “JOBURG JUGGERNAUT”. Joburg is a nick name for the city of Johannesburg South Africa. 

 

The Orange nose is “SPRINGBOK SPECIAL”. The Springbok is an antelope that is native to South Africa and is its National Animal. 

 

I hope I can represent this squadron and the SAAF well in IL2 Korea and also hope you like it.

 

Download link here

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0a4z0i6uc7hj57u/F51_SAAF_FLYING_CHEETAHS.zip/file

 

have fun Aviators

IMG_1557.jpeg

IMG_1539.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1544.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg

Edited by SOL-4-KEV
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted

does IL-2 Korea have a preview option for any custom-made liveries?

No preview is displayed at aircraft skin settings page when I choose this one...

  • Thanks 1
Panthercules
Posted

Haluter's very cool skin viewer+ called PRISM has a preview capability so I'm assuming that shouldn't be that tough for the devs to do (or to let us players do) but I haven't seen anything official from them as to when/whether we might expect an official skin viewer or in-game preview pictures for custom skins.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

migmadmarine
Posted
On 9/19/2026 at 11:18 AM, Elf said:

does IL-2 Korea have a preview option for any custom-made liveries?

No preview is displayed at aircraft skin settings page when I choose this one...

Unfortunately not in the mission loadout screen, which is a pain. You can view skins via the main menu/museum folder in the bottom right of the main menu. 

  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Looks Great In Every Detail.

I have a question. I used it as a base for a couple of skins. How do I get rid of kill marks that show up?

2026_9_20__0_42_58.jpg.bd75eb0696df57a65146843a53739a72.jpg

Edited by Sheriff88
  • Like 1
Posted

These skins look grand in game.  I eagerly await your next work.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/22/2026 at 6:03 AM, MJones said:

These skins look grand in game.  I eagerly await your next work.

Tune in Tomorrow (Thursday 24th September 2026) for the 3rd and final variant of the SAAF series F51

On 9/22/2026 at 12:36 AM, Sheriff88 said:

Looks Great In Every Detail.

I have a question. I used it as a base for a couple of skins. How do I get rid of kill marks that show up?

2026_9_20__0_42_58.jpg.bd75eb0696df57a65146843a53739a72.jpg

The kill marks are randomized. I also have the same problem as you were and sometimes it has 2 or 1 stars and sometimes none. If i figure out the solution ill post an update. Thank You 

  • SOL-4-KEV changed the title to SAAF F51 Skins

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...