jack333 Posted September 16 Posted September 16 Hi, the graphics look great to me, but in certain areas and at certain altitudes, they appear a bit blurry; I have all the graphics settings maxed out. Best regards and thanks. 1
Spadizzle Posted September 16 Posted September 16 This is a widespread issue as far as I understand, as I have been one of the primary people to complain about it on the forums. It seems to be some kind of limitation in their graphics engine. I haven't even seen them acknowledge that this is a bug. In fact the only reply I have seen from any mod or dev was that "this is working as intended". I'm not sure the devs agree this is even a bug, which is kind of outlandish. Large areas of terrain further away will have higher resolution, while segments of closer terrain will have blurry low resolution. Its ugly and shouldn't be happening. Good luck getting them to acknowledge it. 1 1
YoYo Posted September 17 Posted September 17 It’s a known issue, though a similar problem actually exists in IL-2 GB as well (it’s less noticeable there because the textures are fairly uniform). It might be down to the engine itself. Set the preset to High or Ultra, the texture filter to "sharp," landscape to x4, and the horizon to 150km; this minimizes the effect, even though it doesn't eliminate it entirely. 1 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
agiorgitis Posted September 17 Posted September 17 Also lower your terrain settings because on the top right it says you're running out of gpu memory.
Rocket_Knut Posted September 17 Posted September 17 For the record: People with powerful set ups, exceeding the requirements labelleld as "optimal for 2D screen", are getting this "Not enough video memory"-message too. That´s why questions like these keep popping up: "What for do I need to have a powerful/expensive hardware if I have to dial down the grafics anyway?" or "Why would I buy into a game, when using a powerful machine is not enough to play at max. settings?" or "And why would I lower the settings in a flight game anyway when this ruins the immersion completely?" 3
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 18 Posted September 18 On 9/17/2026 at 1:54 PM, Rocket_Knut said: People with powerful set ups, exceeding the requirements labelleld as "optimal for 2D screen", are getting this "Not enough video memory"-message too. There is apparently an issue with video memory if one keeps playing for many missions. That's a bug, and I expect it should be fixed in one of the next updates. I expect that this bug is what "people with powerful setups" are running into. On 9/17/2026 at 1:54 PM, Rocket_Knut said: "What for do I need to have a powerful/expensive hardware if I have to dial down the grafics anyway?" or "Why would I buy into a game, when using a powerful machine is not enough to play at max. settings?" or "And why would I lower the settings in a flight game anyway when this ruins the immersion completely?" I don't see why having an expensive set, should necessarily mean that you can play the game on max settings. Way back in 2007 when Crysis was released, there was barely any card able to run it on max, but that didn't at all mean that its graphics were bad on other settings. Having the max settings a bit higher than what current cards are able to run, has two undeniable advantages: Next-gen cards will be able to get better graphics, without any extra time investment from the developers. It allows one to personalise your graphics settings beyond what would otherwise be possible. E.g. if you're a ground attacker, you don't care much about horizon draw distance but much more about objects, grass, shadows, etc. while if you mostly fly high and fast, it's the other way around. 1
Rocket_Knut Posted September 18 Posted September 18 5 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said: I don't see why having an expensive set, should necessarily mean... I´ve noticed.
Husar Posted September 18 Posted September 18 it doesn’t matter how expensive your setup is — it still looks bad 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now