Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Why does the Task Editor always add a Tactical Code ("5") when starting a mission?


Recommended Posts

Panthercules
Posted (edited)

Is there some reason why the Task Editor always seems to be adding a "5" as a tactical code right near the end of the process, even if you have already made sure no tactical sode was selected at one of the earlier setup screens?  I noticed it was happening when I was testing some custom F-84E skins the other day - drove me nuts until I checked again on the setup button at the very last step right before you actually start the mission. If you take it off there, it does stay off for the mission, but if you've already set up your plane in the earlier setup screen and forget (or think you don't need) to set it up again before you start the mission, you wind up with a "5" tactical code in the mission. I thought maybe it was just the F-84E, but it happened again on the MiG-15bis I was testing last night.  I can't imagine why this would be a desired behavior, so I assume it's probably a bug.  Seems like others would have noticed this already, but I couldn't find anything when I tried to search the forums.

Edited by Panthercules

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Panthercules
Posted (edited)

Well, one mystery solved - I suspect that the reason other folks haven't noticed is that it doesn't seem to happen with the stock skins - only with custom skins.

Here's the first setup screen (before you "start" the mission the first time):

Taskeditortacticalcode1.jpg.cf739bd328135b60ad757fed98e69378.jpg

Here's the second setup screen (if you click on setup again right before you "start" the mission the second time, which BTW seems a bit weird that you have to "start" the mission twice anyway), showing that a tactical code of "5" has been assigned (even though the player never actually clicked to assign one):

Taskeditortacticalcode2.jpg.765f28116dca04978f961096f06038cd.jpg

And here's the tactical code showing up on the skin in the mission:

Taskeditortacticalcode3.jpg.65ef99644e858467347995f67d40ee6b.jpg

Edited by Panthercules

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...