daiphan Posted September 13 Posted September 13 (edited) Hi all, I am key mapping the controls and how so how do I get to the front straight cockpit view? I am in the cockpit view menu and I just cannot find this command. Please refer as a number so I can locate easier. Also what commands can I use in order to use the collie hat? Thank you very much! Dai Edited September 13 by daiphan
daiphan Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 Hi all The actions 173-180, 184 and 185 will allow me to use the coolie hat but the view of the cockpit is still skewed to one side. Any thoughts? Dai
Valis Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Try holding NUMPAD_5, and if that centres your view hit F-10 (while still holding NUM_5) to save it
daiphan Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 9 hours ago, Valis said: Try holding NUMPAD_5, and if that centres your view hit F-10 (while still holding NUM_5) to save it I have tried that and nothing happens. Dai
daiphan Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 Hi all, At this time the game is unplayable due to this issue. Shall I uninstall and install again? I got all the keys mapped correctly except for straight cockpit view. Dai
GrumpyGnome Posted September 14 Posted September 14 Action 199 is the default view. If pressing the button bond to 199 leaves you looking off center, then you need to recenter using the keys above. There are at least 3 ways to do this. 1.) Press 199 and hold. Then use the then use the above keys to center your view. Press F-10 (163) then release 199. 2.) Start the game without head tracking. Then use the then use the above keys to center your view. Press F-10 (163). 3.) Press F-9 (162), this should pause your head tracking. Then use the then use the above keys to center your view. Press F-10 (163). Then un-pause your head tracking (162).
Valis Posted September 14 Posted September 14 (edited) 26 minutes ago, daiphan said: Hi all, At this time the game is unplayable due to this issue. Shall I uninstall and install again? I got all the keys mapped correctly except for straight cockpit view. Dai Before you re-install - go into your game's 'data' folder cut and paste the 'LuaScripts' folder onto your desktop. Then launch the game - the folder should rebuild with default settings. See if that fixes it. Also - there are different view options for viewing with hat-switch; experiment with them. Edited September 14 by Valis
daiphan Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 Hello all, I have tried everything you all suggested and the only way I get straight cockpit view is push down key mapping 199 then use the coolie hat to center somewhat. However the moment I touch the collie hat, everything is skewed again (looking at the pilot's legs at an angle). Dai
daiphan Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 (edited) On 9/14/2026 at 5:59 PM, Valis said: Before you re-install - go into your game's 'data' folder cut and paste the 'LuaScripts' folder onto your desktop. Then launch the game - the folder should rebuild with default settings. See if that fixes it. Also - there are different view options for viewing with hat-switch; experiment with them. I have tried this to no avail. Dai Edited September 15 by daiphan
Valis Posted September 15 Posted September 15 Going to need more info. Post a screenshot, or better a video of what's happening. I don't know what 'key mapping 199' means. Tell us what controls you are using (including any other controllers that are connected - there may be a conflict)
daiphan Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 4 minutes ago, Valis said: Going to need more info. Post a screenshot, or better a video of what's happening. I don't know what 'key mapping 199' means. Tell us what controls you are using (including any other controllers that are connected - there may be a conflict) Key mapping 199 means to bind the key on my HOTAS to the Action 199. I will post pictures of my set up as well as the screen. The set up I have works flawlessly with IL2 GB. Dai
daiphan Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 (edited) Hi all, This is the default screen when I start the game. Dai My hardware. Dai Edited September 15 by daiphan
Valis Posted September 15 Posted September 15 (edited) 22 minutes ago, daiphan said: This is the default screen when I start the game. Dai What happens when you press & hold Numpad_5? e: nevermind, already answered. When you first enter the cockpit is the view centred and then skews away? Or does it begin like that? Edited September 15 by Valis
daiphan Posted September 16 Author Posted September 16 8 minutes ago, Valis said: What happens when you press & hold Numpad_5? e: nevermind, already answered. When you first enter the cockpit is the view centred and then skews away? Or does it begin like that? When I hit " Fly Now" that is the view I see. Numpad 5, F10 do nothing. The only way to get centered view is to hit/hold F2 on the Hotas then use the coolie hat to center. But as soon as I touch the hat, the original view returns. There has to be a command somewhere that places the cockpit in straight view that eludes me at this point. It seems that I am the only person who experiences this odd issue. Dai
Valis Posted September 16 Posted September 16 Next thing I'd try is deleting both your 'LuaScripts' folder AND your 'Input' folder from the Data folder (but copy them somewhere safe obviously) and let the game fire up again - that should reset any and all controller bindings which might be causing trouble.
daiphan Posted September 16 Author Posted September 16 (edited) 19 minutes ago, Valis said: Next thing I'd try is deleting both your 'LuaScripts' folder AND your 'Input' folder from the Data folder (but copy them somewhere safe obviously) and let the game fire up again - that should reset any and all controller bindings which might be causing trouble. That is what I am going to try next. But there is a command " DEFAULT" in the key mapping menu that wipes away any key mappings that I have done. Does this command do the same thing as you suggested? Dai PS: I have done the DEFAULT option to no avail. Edited September 16 by daiphan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now