Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

IL2 Korea F51 livery editing problem, unwanted white background


Recommended Posts

Posted

When making a custom livery for the F51 the problem I ran into was that when removing the US insignia off the aircraft to add RAF roundels the i found that though the decals are removed there is a very prominent white background that is visible. I have tried coloring over and even cropping an image over it to test it but to no avail. Im using Adobe Photoshop to edit the livery and cannot seem to figure out the issue. if there is anything I don't know about please do share. this is my first time making a livery in IL2 series. 

IMG_1411.jpeg

SundownerVF111
Posted

Sol,

 

You have to also remove them from the the Red, Green, and Blue layers for the Korea "Alpha". It looks like the paint is gone but the reflectiveness and the roughness layers are still highlighting where they were.

actionhank
Posted
On 9/11/2026 at 10:04 PM, SOL-4-KEV said:

When making a custom livery for the F51 the problem I ran into was that when removing the US insignia off the aircraft to add RAF roundels the i found that though the decals are removed there is a very prominent white background that is visible. I have tried coloring over and even cropping an image over it to test it but to no avail. Im using Adobe Photoshop to edit the livery and cannot seem to figure out the issue. if there is anything I don't know about please do share. this is my first time making a livery in IL2 series. 

IMG_1411.jpeg

As others mentioned, you'll want to edit the two files for your skin. 

The file that shows the actual skin just has #1 at the end (Example: CustomSkin#1) and then the reflective map is the second file that has #1#1 at the end (Example: CustomSkin#1#1). 

What you're seeing is the lack of reflection because the default reflective file has the USAF markings in those spots. In the template, you can edit these under the red MRR part of the template. The easiest option would just be to open the sub-folders under MRR (Specular Level, Roughness and Metalness) and then find the layer the markings are on and turn them off. I believe they are on at least two different layers.
 image.png.bd87d4dda1204aa7991f67329a902ae4.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...