Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Shooter1-1
Posted

For some unknown reason I have zoomed myself into the front of the cockpit dash.  It happens with all airframes.  It also follows me forwards and backwards as I move front to back.  I cannot get my default view to present itself.  I have tried all of the zoom functions and nothing returns me to a normal sitting position in the cockpit.

I would really appreciate some assistance in resolving this problem as its virtually impossible to fly like this.  Very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Shooter 1-1

 

Posted

delete IL2Series\game\data\LuaScripts\snapviews for reset to  default or hold KP5 and  use inser/delete/home/end/PgUp/PgDn and mouse to position and then press F10 to save and relese KP5 

Shooter1-1
Posted

Thanks for your comment.  I actually ended up restoring everything to defaults.  I wanted to remap a bunch of funtions anyways so this worked out fine.  I'm back to normal (my normal).

I must say, IL-2 is a real pain to set up key maps.  The descriptions or labels for everthing are not very intuitive. 

Thanks for the help.  I quite enjoy this forum.

Regards

Shooter 1-1

Posted
4 hours ago, Shooter1-1 said:

Thanks for your comment.  I actually ended up restoring everything to defaults.  I wanted to remap a bunch of funtions anyways so this worked out fine.  I'm back to normal (my normal).

I must say, IL-2 is a real pain to set up key maps.  The descriptions or labels for everthing are not very intuitive. 

Thanks for the help.  I quite enjoy this forum.

Regards

Shooter 1-1

Good, compared to GB or Cliffs, Korea is very nice and makes it easy to set up key mappings - really

Panthercules
Posted

Am I missing (or misremembering) something? IIRC, when you had multiple commands assigned to a particular key/button in GB, you could click on the little duplication icon and it would take you to the duplicate setting so you could re-assign it to clear the conflict/duplication (if you wanted to).  I see the same sort of duplication icon in Korea, but there doesn't seem to be any way to jump directly to the conflicting/duplicate command setting.  There are so many settings available in Korea that it would be nice not to have to just scroll through them all till you find whatever else is assigned to the key/button you're interested in.

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Panthercules said:

Am I missing (or misremembering) something? IIRC, when you had multiple commands assigned to a particular key/button in GB, you could click on the little duplication icon and it would take you to the duplicate setting so you could re-assign it to clear the conflict/duplication (if you wanted to).  I see the same sort of duplication icon in Korea, but there doesn't seem to be any way to jump directly to the conflicting/duplicate command setting.  There are so many settings available in Korea that it would be nice not to have to just scroll through them all till you find whatever else is assigned to the key/button you're interested in.

You can search by key press in upper right corner . Remember always  choose all on the left side 

Edited by Husar
Panthercules
Posted

Cool - I'll give that a try - thanks.  I've been pretty pleased so far with the keybind assignment process in Korea.  When it started up and appeared to load presets for all my controller devices I was really stoked, but as it turned out that was premature - when I got into the process there were multiple versions/copies of several of the controllers, and several things identified as "3-axis/9-button joysticks" that turned out to be my Saitek throttle controllers.  I got so confused by what I was seeing that I wound up just deleting all those devices and starting over again, but the actual process of assigning the commands to the controllers turned out to be pretty simple and straightforward.  At first I was having a lot of problems with assignments not seeming to "stick" once I got into the game, but I eventually figured out that most if not all of those problems were caused by the frustrating behavior of the game in defaulting back to the general/default control profile whenever I restarted the game, instead of staying on the custom profile I was creating for use in VR.  I kept finding myself changing several settings only to realize it had flipped back to the general profile, so I had to manually switch back over to the custom VR profile and repeat the changes there as well.  Of course, sometimes I wouldn't realize it had done that at all, so when I went to fly some tests the controls wouldn't work like I expected because the game was using my custom profile (as I had told it to) but I had unwittingly made the latest changes to the general/default profile instead.  Once I figured that out things got a lot better, but I do wish they would have the process remember which profile you were working on last and start there again the next time you start the game. 

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...