Viking1 Posted September 11 Posted September 11 (edited) So after a long hiatus from mission buildlng, I'm constructing a simple mission to begin the relearning process. Downloaded Jims guide and digging around, watched some videos by SKETCH. Left with a mission that wont seem to close so I'm missing something - time to ask the experts! proximity trigger does not fire. Does it matter what I set Y position on the prox trigger itself? I currently have it at 400 (Y value appears to be altitude?) and in the advanced tab at distance 850 m. I have coalition for aircraft set at eastern OR western bloc. Am I right that I need two Translators here, one for BEGIN and the second for Mission Objective? Heres a screen cap.. Edited September 11 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Viking1 Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 And maybe its relevant. I have an orphaned flight of two aircraft that no longer appear in the mission listing and I can't select the icons to del or modify them. Puzzled about how that happened or if it affects the mission ending. All other triggers are working perfectly. Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
TP_Mouse Posted September 11 Posted September 11 The proximity trigger needs to be linked to an object in order to work. For example, if you want the trigger to go off when something gets within 400m of the player aircraft, it needs to be object linked to the player aircraft and then have the right trigger settings within the proximity MCU itself for whatever thing you want to trip the trigger. US aircraft for example. I don't think the primary objective trigger needs linking to the aircraft, but I haven't really messed around with those much myself.
Jaegermeister Posted September 11 Posted September 11 The short version is that the Proximity trigger activates when 2 linked objects are either closer together or further from each other by the distance specified in the advanced properties. @TP_Mouse is correct, you do not need to object link the goal to the player aircraft, you need to set it to the coalition of the player in the advanced properties dialogue. From JimTMs IL2 Sturmovik manual. This still applies with the exception noted at the bottom; Proximity Trigger The proximity trigger detects specified objects that are in one of the following positions: • Inside a specified distance from one another. Once triggered, the proximity trigger fires when any of the objects first move inside the specified distance from one another or are inside that distance already. Before the trigger can fire again, all of the objects must move outside the specified distance from one another. • Outside a specified distance from one another. Once triggered, the proximity trigger fires when all of the objects are outside the specified distance from one another or are outside that distance already. Before the trigger can fire again, all of the objects must move inside the specified distance from one another. Input A target link from another MCU or a message link from an object Output A target link to other MCUs that you want to trigger after object proximity detection Object link to each object included in the proximity check Note: • If you object link the trigger to one object only, you must specify a coalition in the advanced properties. • If you object link the trigger to multiple objects, any coalition chosen in the advanced properties is ignored.*1 Advanced Properties Distance The distance (in meters) between objects that causes the trigger to fire Proximity Type The detection method used by the trigger Closer: The trigger fires if the specified objects are inside a specified distance from one another. Further: The trigger fires if the specified objects are outside a specified distance from one another. Plane Coalitions Detect planes from coalitions that are set to "True". Double click a row to change the setting. Note: Use this setting only if you object link the trigger to a single object. Vehicle Coalitions Detect vehicles from coalitions that are set to "True". Double click a row to change the setting. Note: Use this setting only if you object link the trigger to a single object. Usage Notes Here are the ways that you can specify objects that the trigger detects: • Object link the trigger to a single object and (in the advanced properties) specify a coalition that includes the other plane or vehicle objects that you want to detect. In this case, the trigger detects the distance of the single object to any of the objects in the specified coalition. • Object link the trigger to specific planes or vehicles. In this case, the trigger detects the distances between all the linked objects. You cannot specify specific player planes in a multiplayer mission because those planes are created using an airfield object. *1 In my experience, having a coalition selected and then object linking to 2 linked entities prevents the proximity trigger from working at all, as opposed to being ignored Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 (edited) thanks guys, changing the logic the Objective registers, but based on the timer not on the Proximity Trigger. It looks like I should not need a BEGIN MCU, but if I dont add it nothing happens ever. The image on the right SHOULD work but does not. I'll go back to the manual on this one ..Back to Jims manual - I have coalition set and distance set . still not obvious what the problem is. Edited September 11 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Jaegermeister Posted September 11 Posted September 11 It might help if you explained what the objective is. You always need a begin trigger somewhere, so your logic has a starting point. Otherwise as you found out, nothing ever happens. If the player is supposed to reach a certain area, you should be using a check zone instead of a proximity trigger. It works the same way, just with a single entity instead of 2 entities being closer to each other. Also I copied the appropriate section of the manual for you above. Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 Yep, I read through that section a few times and it appears I meet the conditions. I want the Objective to be Primary Goal Success. I'll give Check Zone a try thanks! Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Jaegermeister Posted September 11 Posted September 11 2 minutes ago, Viking1 said: Yep, I read through that section a few times and it appears I meet the conditions. I want the Objective to be Primary Goal Success. I'll give Check Zone a try thanks! What i mean is, what are the conditions you want the player to meet to trigger the primary goal and mission success. Do they just have to reach a certain area? Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 Yes, that simple, just get 1.5km from the airfield. Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Viking1 Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 (edited) Bizarre. Same thing. I swapped out the Prox Trigger for Check Zone. About a minute into the mission, the Objective MCU fires off, same as the Prox Trigger was doing. My aircraft is still a LONG way from the zone. My settings seem good.. Edited September 11 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Jaegermeister Posted September 12 Posted September 12 20 hours ago, Viking1 said: Bizarre. Same thing. I swapped out the Prox Trigger for Check Zone. About a minute into the mission, the Objective MCU fires off, same as the Prox Trigger was doing. My aircraft is still a LONG way from the zone. My settings seem good.. You have both Plane Donovan and Western Bloc selected as objects of the check zone. That is a conflict. It should be one or the other. You can have any or all of the coalitions as true together, but not combined with a linked object. 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted September 12 Author Posted September 12 SO obvious for someone with experience, thats why we beginners need you, thanks!! 1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Jaegermeister Posted September 12 Posted September 12 The mission editor can be overwhelming at first, but once you figure out how it all interacts, it’s relatively easy. It is a progressive learning curve with no real end. 1 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now