JG14_Jagr Posted September 8 Posted September 8 I don't like icons, and I know spotting is supposed to be a challenge. I get that. However, it's also one of the primary reason people get frustrated with the game. You're trying to represent the M1 eyeball but in reality spotting in real life is 1000 times easier than looking at a flat screen with LOD's that fade in an out. I'm specifically referring to the canopy "scratches" that have been intentionally added make one of the least realistic aspects of the game even more difficult unnecessarily. I gain ZERO immersion for artificial white marks floating around while I'm looking for something to interact with on a large low population map where spotting is already very unrealistically difficult and varies greatly according to graphics settings and the vagaries of drivers. Talking to people who are using low resolution to gain an advantage shows how much of a handicap it can create. Getting rid of the "scratches" would be vey beneficial. It won't "fix" spotting or even make it close to reality, but it will improve it and make the gameplay better. 1
Husar Posted September 8 Posted September 8 When sharpening is enabled, the scratches on the canopy look like metallic fuselages, making it easy to mistake them for other aircraft. 1
JG14_Jagr Posted September 8 Author Posted September 8 Yes, I Know. So sharpening helps counter the pixel LOD issues but at the same time adds hundreds of blobs along your line of sight. The scratches add nothing to the immersion of the game, in fact they detract from it.
Remontti Posted September 9 Posted September 9 The scratches are extra annoying in flat screen. They are affecting you more than they should. In real and in VR you can see past the scratch and spot the plane. Same thing witch cockpit frame. In real if a part of cockpit obscures your left eye but you might still see the plane with your right eye.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now