MattM Posted September 1 Posted September 1 (edited) Hello everyone, I compiled the flight manuals, aircraft characteristics, and other information from the in-game texts and data for my personal use. I thought it might be helpful for others as well. For the USAF aircraft, I converted the metric units to imperial units. F-51D_Flight_Manual.pdf F-80C-10_Flight_Manual.pdf F-84E_Flight_Manual.pdf Il-10_Flight_Manual.pdf La-11_Flight_Manual.pdf MiG-15bis_Flight_Manual.pdf Yak-9P_Flight_Manual.pdf F-86A-5_Flight_Manual.pdf Edited September 28 by MattM F-86 manual updated with speed in knots 3 10 5
YoYo Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Nice thank you! Btw. @RavenSystem what about website version for planes from Korea.IL-2? Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Vulture Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Excellent work. One comment - the F-86 manual shows all relevant speeds in MPH, while the plane in-game has an airspeed indicator marked in Knots. Only looked at the F-86 and MiG-15 manuals (which was correct in KPH), so there may be others (F-51, perhaps?). Now, someone needs to merge the in-game cockpit diagrams with the controls that can be bound for specific planes... Cheers, Vulture
MattM Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 You're right. I've updated the F-86 manual with knots instead of mph now. I was working on annotated cockpit diagrams using in-game graphics, but it's quite ambitious, especially because instruments, gunsights, etc. can be swapped on some planes depending on the loadout. This is what i had in mind, but i didn't really have time to finish it properly. Of course it would be possible to add a text indicating which of the gauges or instruments could be adjusted with ingame binds.
Vulture Posted September 29 Posted September 29 I would suggest just using the cockpit diagrams that are already in the game's manuals, and mark the controls that can be bound and those that can be changed or adjusted via the in-game controls (compass, etc). As they are black and white, a color code/highlight as you use in your example would work nicely, I believe. Perhaps combine with this effort? These two merged together would be awesome. Now if the in game control binding menus would add a "by-plane" filter to only show applicable bindings for specific planes - THAT would be useful!
Marcio Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Great work compiling these manuals, @MattM! The unit conversions for the USAF aircraft and the reconstructed performance graphs (especially the climb/thrust charts and engine limit tables) make these an essential reference guide. Very useful for anyone trying to fly aircraft like the F-86A and F-84E with full realistic procedures. Thanks for sharing this with the community!
Hootman9104 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago (edited) Hey, this good stuff, thanks! Isn't odd how some of us actually find happiness compiling things like this? I retired last year, and decided to throw my now AMPLE goof off time into my simming, and have spent multiple hours creating checklists for the F-16, Apache, and others in the "other" sim. I actually created them in world, to fit 2 pages per sheet, and have been printing them out on photo paper (a bit expensive), gluing them together, and binding them with rings, just like the checklists we had in the military. I even bought a couple of nice kneeboards 🙂 I can see now I'm going to have to create checklists for these aircraft as well. They will be much smaller than a modern aircraft, so that's a good thing. Since they'll be shorter, might be able to just bind all of the checklists together for my kneeboard. Thanks again for the work and sharing. P.S. edit: I particulary like the "typical controls" section at the end, which breaks down the controls unique to each aircraft. That's currently what I'm doing, creating a "base" profile before moving on to create "specific" profiles, and this is exactly what I needed to see. Edited 12 hours ago by Hootman9104 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now