Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Single player taxiing / the magic square


Recommended Posts

JG4_Moltke71
Posted

I really enjoy start the mission cold and dark ( not really cold, will we get it in the future? ), it’s really immersive to manage the whole process of taxiing to the runway, line up with the squad and finally take off. 
 

 The symbols that appear are, more or less, self explanatory.

Only when I stop before entering the runway because the time/waiting symbol I don’t know why it’s not stepping forward even when the full flight lined up behind me. Or I just need more patience 😅?

However, an explanation of this process in the museum or in a manual somewhere else would be useful. I think I’ve finally fully understood the process by now—though I did have to muddle my way through it up to this point 😅
 

Finally, I’d like to offer some food for thought and share this video by a talented modder who worked on an earlier game in the series. He is working on implementing personnel to direct the taxiing process. Perhaps you could manage to implement something similar—or at least replace the white square with more attractive icons (like flags or something similar)?

 

 

ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset

JG4_Moltke71
Posted (edited)

For anyone who hasn't yet practiced the taxiing procedure leading up to takeoff, here are the individual steps as I understand them:

 

Pre procedure: Order the flight to start engines via command menue 
 

1. Taxi out and leading in front of the runway, follow the square ◻️, give order to the flight to taxi out via command menu.

2. Hold In front the runway 🕘 (here I get no message to proceed even the whole flight is waiting behind me, maybe I do something wrong?)

3. Enter the runway and follow the ◻️until the next hold 🕘. The flight will line up behind me and request take of clearance one after another.

4. When the whole flight is on the runway I get ordered to move to the final take off position, following the square with an arrow down ⬇️

5. When the flight is in take off position I request and receive take off clearance and finally take off, symbol arrow up ⬆️

The entire process is accompanied by the corresponding radio transmissions.
 

So far well done Devs!👍🏻

 

Edited by JG4_Moltke71

ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...