Nyano Posted August 29 Posted August 29 (edited) I am back to Great Battles after many years and this sim has developed since I left. Main reason I stopped playing Great Battles years back was because of the damage model of the aircraft. But damage model has improved and so has career mode and now I really appreciate this sim. After leaving Great Battles I went to Cliffs of Dover, which is really obsolete now, and lately to Korea, which is great. DCS is not an option for me. But seeing the 4 bombers in Korea I can not stop thinking of "Fortress Europe" with sky full of B-17's, the Great Battles title that never came. Korea is great and the pacific is coming on this platform, but I personally prefer the European theater. I really hope that one day "Fortress Europe" on the "Korea engine" will come out with a sky full of B17's. Edited August 29 by Nyano
Husar Posted August 29 Posted August 29 Yes, that should happened in GB , especially that we had for engine bomber in Rose of flight.
Enceladus828 Posted August 29 Posted August 29 (edited) From what was stated in the past, adding even an AI B-17 or B-24 was a massive undertaking with four engines, more complex systems and the many guns. And no the Collectors we got after 2022 could not have been sacrificed for a heavy because they were relatively simple projects by comparison to something entirely new to train up the new modellers. Not saying that we’ll never get a B-17 in any shape or form in GBs, I for one am glad that this bomber package is happening. It was long stated in the past that we probably wouldn’t see a flyable B-25 in GBs but most likely in the Pacific installment of Korea. If anything it would be just the B-25 and no other bombers of that sort but here we are with the B-26, A-20G/J and Fw-189 also coming. Cheers Edited August 30 by Enceladus828 Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Nyano Posted August 29 Author Posted August 29 1 hour ago, Enceladus828 said: Not saying that we’ll never get a B-17 in any shape or form in GBs, I for one am glad that this bomber package is happening. It was long was stated in the past that we probably wouldn’t see a flyable B-25 in GBs but most likely in the Pacific installment of Korea. If anything it would be just the B-25 and no other bombers but here we are with the B-26, A-20G/J and Fw-189 also coming. I assume the developers will not create a B-17 for GB now with the Korea engine running. May be something for a 3rd party?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now