Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Talisman
Posted

Hi Folks,

Has anyone found key bindings for the in-cockpit compass course setter (increase/decrease) and the same for the directional gyro?

Am I missing something?

These functions would really help with navigation.

Happy landings,

Talisman

 

ComputerJones
Posted (edited)

There are three selectors for this to bind, one does next/previous for selecting an instrument, another is next/previous for selecting a given adjustment in that instrument (if it has another one) and still another for making the adjustment +/-

 

I use it all the time to adjust the mirror in the F-80 but you can also rotate the compass card, manually adjust the altimeter, reset the G-meter, etc 

that said I usually leave the radio compass card 0'd and just do the math in my head because it's a little ungainly to mess with when you can't just click/scroll or like I would in real life, reach out and twist a knob

Edited by ComputerJones
  • Thanks 1
Talisman
Posted
On 8/29/2026 at 3:26 PM, ComputerJones said:

There are three selectors for this to bind, one does next/previous for selecting an instrument, another is next/previous for selecting a given adjustment in that instrument (if it has another one) and still another for making the adjustment +/-

 

I use it all the time to adjust the mirror in the F-80 but you can also rotate the compass card, manually adjust the altimeter, reset the G-meter, etc 

that said I usually leave the radio compass card 0'd and just do the math in my head because it's a little ungainly to mess with when you can't just click/scroll or like I would in real life, reach out and twist a knob

Got it.  Thanks a lot. 👍

Happy landings,

Talisman

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...