Captain_Trips Posted August 28 Posted August 28 The only thing I'm worse at than bombing is fighter tactics. (Maybe I should try tanks. 😁 ) Now if they ever add infantry like BF4, all your butts belong to me! Funny after 30 years of flightsims I'm just now trying to formally learn. I am trying to learn against the AI. I've watched some of the Ops Center videos and trying to apply but I don't feel I am succeeding. I watch videos from guys like Krupinski and he seems in control of the fight from start to finish. I don't ever feel like I got control in this fight. Yes my aim sucks, but I first want to learn to get a position then I can start practicing aim. I did finally get a desperate spray-n-pray hit, but I had no eyes on the target, had no idea of my lead and was just shooting in frustration. The things I think I did right was getting underneath him so he had to put nose down to go after me and got him lower down to my advantageous alt. A couple of times though he clearly had me down to rights but the AI really is a bad shot. I forced a couple of overshoots but couldn't make use of them. If I try to lag pursuit I can't seem to get a steady tracking site picture. If I pull more lead, I just end up in a high deflection shot with him completely under my nose and no idea how much to lead. If anyone wants to review a Tacview, I am open to suggestions. CptTrips_F86vMig15.zip If anyone has any similar Tacviews they'd like to share, I'd enjoy learning from them. Thanks in advance, Trips
Viking1 Posted August 28 Posted August 28 (edited) I don't have tacview but ive been flying and fighting online since 1996. My first thought is you have chosen a tough pairing. if I was your commander id put you in an F51 against a pair of IL10s, then one on one vs La-11. Learn the basics and get some wins first. start with veteran AI then move up. Edited August 28 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Captain_Trips Posted August 29 Author Posted August 29 My analysis after looking at it a while, is I think my main mistake was trying to get in a steady position and out-rating him and get a stable gun solution with our lift vectors aligned. I was never going to out-rate his turn even at low alt. I think it would have been better to lure him into an downward spiral and when we got faster, start using my superior roll rate and get him to over shoot in a scissors. I guess I better get good at high deflection shots in that situation.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now