Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I had read somewhere that night lighting was not so great. I found it pretty impressive - including lights on the ground from high up. MiG engagement with B29s..

MA-01.jpg

MA-02.jpg

MA-03.jpg

MA-04.jpg

MA-05.jpg

MA-06.jpg

MA-07.jpg

Edited by Viking1
  • Like 5

Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR

Panthercules
Posted

I think most (though not all) folks are pretty happy with the way night over Korea looks on monitors - I was really impressed with the way it looks on my monitor.  However, night in VR seems to be another story entirely, at least for me and several others.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Posted
4 hours ago, Panthercules said:

I think most (though not all) folks are pretty happy with the way night over Korea looks on monitors - I was really impressed with the way it looks on my monitor.  However, night in VR seems to be another story entirely, at least for me and several others.

That's it. Night is bugged in VR, it's unplayable right now.

  • Upvote 1
Posted

@Viking1 You could convince someone with the correct screenshots 😉

  • Haha 1
MGMSwordsman
Posted

Those screenshots aren't "night".  They are dawn or dusk.  That being said, I do find the night environment pretty realistic.

Panthercules
Posted

I did stumble across some settings in my scattergun testing today that makes the night look really nice even in VR.  I haven't done the comparisons to see which particular setting(s) might be the key here, but here are some examples from my latest test where the night skies over Seoul seemed quite impressive in VR:

2026_8_26__2_56_4.jpg.75c2181e9378137c009fbc415248d4e6.jpg

2026_8_26__2_56_53.jpg.1334794acdb0af6298ad1f7a671a23f2.jpg2026_8_26__2_57_42.jpg.825629fe30433219a7d07d1128e96c61.jpg2026_8_26__2_57_49.jpg.e2d734eb8b23e11b64ca247aa8630d0d.jpg2026_8_26__2_58_16.jpg.f757298cae31d08b3d76f1b77da941d7.jpg

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...