Jazzyboy Posted August 17 Posted August 17 Hi new on this forum but I was on the old forum. I bought IL2 Battle of Kuban and later I bought Battle of Normandy. I had a lot of fun flying and fighting in these on my slightly older PC but then I upgraded it. I changed from AM4 to AM5 got a new motherboard, a9800X3D processor and 64Gb of DDR5 Ram. loaded the two games onto my new PC and it wouldn't play so I left it at the time as I had MSFS 2024 to worry about and that kept me really busy. Here now 9 months later and I would like to get IL2 working again if I can so I thought I would ask the collective. IL2 opens straight into VR and get's to the login screen. I click Login and it appears to be attempting to load the Mission editor but after a few seconds it disappears/crashes. I try the same again and same again. Is it possibly a DX issue do you think? Perhaps it needs DX11 and I maybe have DX12? Any input gratefully received as always. Also how do I get IL2 to open in 2D mode please as I have new controllers to program?
Aapje Posted August 17 Posted August 17 Open the launcher and click on settings, then remove the checkmark for 'Enable VR': 1
Jazzyboy Posted August 17 Author Posted August 17 23 minutes ago, Aapje said: Open the launcher and click on settings, then remove the checkmark for 'Enable VR': Ah yes, I remember now. My game doesn't open the launcher and I think I did that by copying the wrong link to my desktop. Many thanks for this I wouldn't have found that I doubt.
Jazzyboy Posted August 17 Author Posted August 17 Thank you Aapje IL2 is all fully working again now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now