goosenz Posted August 5 Posted August 5 Running the game on an 8GB RTX5060 which is, to my understanding, meeting the minimum system requirements. The game runs well given my card, I've tested it on a range of different graphics settings and I can consistently hit well over 60fps, especially with DLSS enabled. Despite this, I get the red 'not enough video memory' notification in the upper right corner of my screen. Can an option please be added to remove this notification? I literally meet the minimum system requirements/graphics card memory, the game runs well, so what gives? It's quite distracting and whether or not I do or don't have enough memory doesn't change the fact that I can literally run and play the game absolutely fine. 1
Cadum Posted August 5 Posted August 5 This has been raised by others, including myself, but I have seen no response yet from the developers. Related issues is that VRAM once used in the game is not released when you close a mission etc. Currently, you have to exit the game completely to regain your available VRAM. This too has been reported with no information yet from the developers as to plans to optimize VRAM retention.
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted August 5 1C Game Studios Posted August 5 I've forwarded your report, thank you. 🙂 Please understand we are processing a lot of user reports right now and so it takes a fair amount of time to review them all.
Aapje Posted August 5 Posted August 5 @Cadum Note that it can be perfectly normal for games to keep textures in VRAM, where the GPU knows that it can remove those textures if it does need the space. It requires analysis by an expert to determine whether there is actually a leak that fills up the VRAM, or just caching of the textures that is completely normal. My suspicion is that the VRAM warning doesn't actually look at the amount of VRAM that is actively used, but also counts the VRAM that is used for caching, and thus gives the error when there is plenty of space left, if the unused textures would be purged. But I'm an armchair expert...
WitchyWoman Posted August 5 Posted August 5 I have always had this problem to and yet I have an Nvidia 4070 and use DLSS.
JG14_Jagr Posted August 5 Posted August 5 17 hours ago, goosenz said: Running the game on an 8GB RTX5060 which is, to my understanding, meeting the minimum system requirements. The game runs well given my card, I've tested it on a range of different graphics settings and I can consistently hit well over 60fps, especially with DLSS enabled. Despite this, I get the red 'not enough video memory' notification in the upper right corner of my screen. Can an option please be added to remove this notification? I literally meet the minimum system requirements/graphics card memory, the game runs well, so what gives? It's quite distracting and whether or not I do or don't have enough memory doesn't change the fact that I can literally run and play the game absolutely fine. Turn off the 4K textures and you should be fine with an 8 Gig card. I had no FPS issues at all with my RTX 3070 but would get the MEM warning.
Geoff Posted August 6 Posted August 6 Yeah I've got this message as well. -------------------------------- MSI B760 trident AS14 Windows 11 i7-14700F 2100mhz - RAM: 16MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti - VRAM: 8GB
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted August 6 1C Game Studios Posted August 6 Is it still happening after the latest update today?
Cadum Posted August 6 Posted August 6 Just did the Black Thursday mission. Ended the mission with 6675 VRAM used out of a total of 8GB...and the message about "not enough video memory" still appears.
goosenz Posted August 7 Author Posted August 7 8 hours ago, LukeFF said: Is it still happening after the latest update today? Hi Luke, Yes unfortunately still happening. 4K textures turned off, and none of my graphics settings are set to the options that have the yellow VRAM exclamation mark warning (ie I've tried to tune the graphics to use as little VRAM as possible). I'm in a similar boat to Cadum I think - my task manager is telling me the game isn't using all my VRAM but yea, still getting the warning. 2
Cato Posted August 7 Posted August 7 Still happening after patch 1.003, but i try not to look in that corner 😅 Windows 11 AMD Ryzen 7 7840H 16 GB RAM GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop 8 GB 1
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted August 7 1C Game Studios Posted August 7 Thanks, all, will let the team know.
Primus_71 Posted August 8 Posted August 8 I receive the same message with a 5070ti 16GB VRAM, on a Quest 3, running at 72hz and 1.5x resolution. It is super smooth, looks great, but it would be even better if I could get rid of that message somehow. 1
ShamrockOneFive Posted August 9 Posted August 9 I'm seeing the same thing. Its consistently using about 11 of the 12GB of VRAM I have on my card and that memory message keeps popping up. I can see the utility of it but I do wonder if its a bit extraneous when things are running as well as they are. I've got a solid frame rate with just a few hitches in very intense scenes. A toggle to remove the warning would be helpful for me personally.
Falko Posted August 14 Posted August 14 Same... 🥺 Win 11 ASUS ROG Strix G16 G615LR-S5238W Ultra 7 255HX | GeForce RTX™ 5070Ti 12GB | 32GB
Fatal23 Posted August 16 Posted August 16 Same, and the sim is running just fine. Please remove this annoying notification, thanks!
Palextra Posted August 21 Posted August 21 With my RTX 3060TI, the game runs really well with the right settings, above 80 FPS, but the message still shows up in the top right corner and it's really annoying. I encourage you to disable it, thanks!
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted August 21 1C Game Studios Posted August 21 1 hour ago, Palextra said: With my RTX 3060TI, the game runs really well with the right settings, above 80 FPS, but the message still shows up in the top right corner and it's really annoying. I encourage you to disable it, thanks! Right Ctrl + Backspace 🙂
goosenz Posted August 22 Author Posted August 22 (edited) 11 hours ago, LukeFF said: Right Ctrl + Backspace 🙂 This only hides the FPS counter though, not the Video Memory notification. Edited August 22 by goosenz 1
Bluesguy Posted August 27 Posted August 27 Same here RTX 4070 Super. Have not seen where it has effected the game.
Panzerkatze Posted August 27 Posted August 27 (edited) GPU driver memory management refers to how operating systems and graphics drivers allocate and handle Video RAM (VRAM) and Shared GPU Memory from system RAM to support graphical workloads. On 8/1/2026 at 4:49 PM, Panzerkatze said: Windows 10/11: The fastest way to reset the GPU driver and clear its memory is pressing Win + Ctrl + Shift + B, which restarts the graphics driver in about two seconds. Black screen while that is normal. If you have lots of background applications running and taking GPU VRAM, you can close them via Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and sort by the GPU Memory column to end tasks consuming resources. You can try these as first aid and see if it helps. Edited August 27 by Panzerkatze
310_Cibule Posted August 27 Posted August 27 (edited) I used Nvidia GPU with 12B VRAM and kept getting this message after couple of minutes every time. Switching to XFX RX with 20BG VRAM has solved the problem instantly. No such a message any longer. Edited August 27 by 310_Cibule Ryzen 7 5800X3D, XFX RX-7900XT 20GB, 32GB DDR4, Meta Quest3
Justicier10-7 Posted August 29 Posted August 29 I get the "not enough video memory" notification after as few as one sortie, if I fly more than two sorties, the framerate drops from my typical, locked, 60fps... down to what seems to be a locked 30fps. This can only be fixed by releasing GPU VRAM by exiting and restarting the game. Playing at 2560x1440 res (Have also tried 1920x1080), Graphics overall preset set to Balanced, DLSS Balanced (tried performance modes with no apparent affect), all high memory flagged items Unticked/Disabled, 4k textures Disabled, memory saver option for cities Enabled, grass Off, clouds High, reflections Simple, pilot in cockpit Enabled, shadows Medium. System is an RTX 3070 8gb, I7-11700k, 16gb DDR4 RAM. Setting the overall graphics preset to low allows me to play longer before restarting the game, but GPU memory usage gradually increases over time which still results in the not enough video memory message. Eventually this still necessitates a restart of the game in order to reset the VRAM.
SmikeRonin Posted September 21 Posted September 21 5080 32gb vram 14900kf 32gb ram Virtual Desktop Meta Quest 3S Getting "Not enough video memory" VRAM leak issue as well in current update when playing in VR.
Cadum Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Find it kind of unusual that the developers are not commenting on their plans to address this widespread VRAM issue as well as the annoying warning message. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now