Flyingadjo Posted August 4 Posted August 4 Hi, I share some notes I took from PLEV youtube videos about the gunsights. It's meant for ingame use after having watched PLEV excellent tutorials. Please visit his channel. K14-C gunsight - Rockets.txt MG-15bis ASP3N Gyro-gunsight.txt F86 A-1CM Radar Gunsight.txt 2 1
Valis Posted August 4 Posted August 4 Very useful, but he might want to dial back the Matt Wagner impersonation a bit. 3
Plev Posted August 7 Posted August 7 Putting this here, I made a reference card for the K-14C Gunsight in the F-41D and F-80C regarding HVAR rockets in the Rocket Aiming Mode.
lefuneste Posted August 8 Posted August 8 So when you dive at 39° you use 42 mils and 41° you use 24 mils ? Maybe you should better give 2 angles ( 20° and 50°) and so more accurate mils numbers...
Plev Posted August 8 Posted August 8 Hey man, I’d love to once I have more data. I took this from the document the devs used to explain the K-14C, so it’s based on the available data.
Limboski Posted September 16 Posted September 16 That's really cool you dug up the historical documentation for the rockets but those depression values really have to be taken with a grain of salt--there's no guarantee the game actually models those values accurately in the first place. The amount of depression depends very strongly your speed, dive angle, and distance from target when firing amongst other factors like wind. For example in my experience with the F-80, I need to have only around 20 mils of depression for the rockets to hit with shallow angles and going pretty fast (~500mph). Around 10 degrees is good for steeper dives. To hit with a 48 degree depression you have to be really flat attack and really slow (~280mph) or shoot very far from the target. (The reticle aiming pipper also has idiosyncrasies and can be very delayed on settling in on the ground target.) To gain rocket mastery, I recommend doing a free flight task mission over a friendly field with auto-aim and unlimited ammo set from the difficulty menu and practice shooting friendly targets on the field. The auto-aim will show you where your rockets will actually hit in comparison to your depressed aiming cross and pipper. 1
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 16 1C Game Studios Posted September 16 12 hours ago, Limboski said: there's no guarantee the game actually models those values accurately in the first place. Our engineers have modeled the sights according to these specs. I've flown plenty of missions with these parameters, and they work as expected. 48 mils in the F-80 was the required value for dives from 0-40 degrees, and 28 mils from 40 to 60 degrees. @IAmNotARobot can fill you in more, as he's the one who models our gunsights. 2
sandmarken Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Will the ability to have a smal picture inside the cockpit come back? The cards woud be very usefull like this! 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now