Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted

I cannot for the life of me figure out how this works. There are a couple of binds for tuning to different NDBs--there is a "next channel" and "previous channel" bind, and also a "tune to nearest" bind. Sounds pretty straightforward. 

The briefing lists all of the available NDBs. I want to tune to 450 so that I can divert to that airfield, but every time I hit the "next channel" input, it doesn't actually step through the available NDBs (or even just the NDBs that are in range) but instead steps up to the next frequency band (the big switch below the tuning window) and arbitrarily selects a single frequency from that band. And it's not the frequency I need--when it steps up to the "410-850" range, it automatically tunes in to 460, which is a different NDB. Hitting "previous channel" when tuned to 460 steps it down to the 200-410 band and automatically selects 310. It has nothing to do with distance--I tried tuning to 450 when literally one mile away from the NDB, but it just won't do it. I also tried using the "tune to nearest," but that didn't work, either. 

So, am I doing something wrong, or is radio navigation basically broken for anything other than navigating back to your home airfield? 

  • Like 1
Jade_Monkey
Posted

I'd love to learn too!

  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  |  Nvidia RTX 4090  |  32 GB DDR4  |  nVME SSD  |  VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM

Dash,Polder
Posted

Had some difficulty in multiplay, but shutting the radio off, than cycled it back on, it started cycling through the stations.  Some times it won't go past station 31 in some of the planes.  Not sure but it may be killing the magnetic compass, because it was dying shortly after on two separate sorties, just froze up in the F-80.  

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted

Not all frequencies are available on every mission - some stations are considered to be powered down, hence why you can't tune to them. That's why the tuner "jumps" from one band to the next, kind of like the Seek command in old car radios. 🙂 

Philthy
Posted
8 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Not all frequencies are available on every mission - some stations are considered to be powered down, hence why you can't tune to them. That's why the tuner "jumps" from one band to the next, kind of like the Seek command in old car radios. 🙂 

Fair enough, but normally IRL that information would be available at briefing

FeuerFliegen
Posted

You tune them by Right Alt + Insert/End

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...