Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In my case, I didn't touch the gamma, it's fine, just like it was from the very beginning (1.0, I think). I'm just sitting in VR.

Edited by YoYo

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted

I checked today after 004b and it's still the same: no night lighting or color. Strange stripes, like an RGB limit. The monitor displays the same thing.

On 8/1/2026 at 1:39 PM, Husar said:

nocil2series.exe Screenshot 2026.08.01 - 13.36.30.43.jpg

Indirect lightning on or off? I have off for sure (for VR).

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted

Patch 1.003.

It still looks very bad in VR, lacking proper colors, looking more like a game from the early 2000s. Much worse than IL-2 GB.

Lighting on the external view hasn't been improved in VR either. Lights are rendered differently on the left and right eyes. The left eye is fine, while the right eye is 10% of the left.

Request to fix this bug.

zloYzab.jpg

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Stoikiy
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2026 at 4:25 PM, LuftManu said:

This might be something related to VR, because in 2D, night is beautiful!

Im also noticed weird colours in the cabin while fly my MiG 15 in night mission. 

So, over-colored and incorrect gamma also exist in 2D. I thought it might be DLSS but it's just theory, did not tested that.

Edited by Stoikiy
Posted
1 hour ago, Stoikiy said:

Im also noticed weird colours in the cabin while fly my MiG 15 in night mission. 

So, over-colored and incorrect gamma also exist in 2D. I thought it might be DLSS but it's just theory, did not tested that.

I dont use DLSS.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Stoikiy
Posted (edited)

then its game engine gamma or else issue. This is how it look for me image.jpeg.fc5c3b556d1426f6e32603b4953dcf64.jpeg

Edited by Stoikiy
LuftManu
Posted
14 hours ago, Stoikiy said:

Im also noticed weird colours in the cabin while fly my MiG 15 in night mission. 

So, over-colored and incorrect gamma also exist in 2D. I thought it might be DLSS but it's just theory, did not tested that.

Oh bummer! 

I'm in 4K with an QD Oled screen, and as YoYo said, besides the clouds, I didn't find something strange but that does not mean it's working correctly to everybody. Hope they fix the bug, at night is really cool.

Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K

Posted

According to the last blog, we have information (I'm not sure if it's a summary or a completion notice) that the lighting system works really well, even at night, which is unfortunately completely untrue. I don't know if I missed something or what?

Bez-tytulu.jpg

The sky, the clouds, still haven't been fixed, and EA seems to have finished, VR 1.003b. Needless to say, it looks terrible, and nothing has happened in this regard since the end of June to improve it.

2026-8-13-17-33-43.jpg

The sky (oily spots, no colors, no lighting, RGB limit).

2026-8-13-17-34-24.jpg

2026-8-13-17-34-47.jpg

There is no glow over the city at all, in VR we have different images on the left and right eyes in the external views, on one we have lights, on the other unfortunately not

2026-8-13-17-35-47.jpg

Zooming in on the Moon, strange blue reflections on the hull, RGB halo limits, no moonlight:

2026-8-13-17-36-11.jpg

The background of the earth, you can't see anything, no shadows, no refractions of light, no glow, the water is completely black, if you look straight down (no stars, for example).

2026-8-13-17-36-31.jpg

No color consistency, some sudden transition from black to light.

2026-8-13-17-36-56.jpg

Any news on this topic? This blog post vs reality just looks pretty weird.

  • Upvote 2

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted (edited)

The last blog (https://media.il2-korea.com/news/dd_85)  doesn't mention the work on night mode or the existing issue with incorrect texture display, RGB color limits, and night lighting :classic_unsure:.

I have no idea if they forgot to add this or if they're working on it, so it's hard to say whether there's awareness of the issue here. The level of nighttime appearance in IL-2 Korea, at its current stage, is unacceptable (mainly VR due to some limits which are shown in the examples above). In VR, we also have a bug related to the fact that we see different lighting in one eye than in the other. The image is not rendered the same.

I am posting examples from other simulators.

MSFS:

8Z3KQFu.jpg

LTtLUCm.jpg

TlNq94j.jpg

uLUskRH.jpg

eABGU3N.jpg

8jjpOZX.jpg

DCS:

EWfP3eG.jpg

f8MJmle.jpg

Are we waiting for something? Is there any awareness of the problems with nighttime lighting in VR (but not only)? DX12 allows you to create a beautiful night, with a very realistic lighting appearance, also on clouds depending on the angle of the light, and in IL-2 Korea there is no night glow from cities, for example as well.

Hello devs?! Is there a plan to improve this?

Edited by YoYo

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Panthercules
Posted

I hesitate to jump in here because I've just loaded Korea on this new PC and haven't even tested my VR setup or played with any of the graphics settings yet, but this thread piqued my interest and I wanted to just take a quick look and see what the night skies look like on my rig.  I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw.

 

2026_8_21__16_0_49.jpg.9aed46ee4db7a0541d749ce2c317fbd6.jpg2026_8_21__16_1_5.jpg.2a13673f36e91b51fda0f35f6c2d7685.jpg2026_8_21__16_1_14.jpg.89689bec052695e6bf07ec9532defa8e.jpg2026_8_21__16_1_26.jpg.a17e6f08aa21633afed1cabab587e56e.jpg2026_8_21__16_2_41.jpg.f7a5c707c610c8dc0367ad677ca73e67.jpg

Fortunately, things didn't look like any of the bad images in the thread above.  Once I get my VR gear set up I'll take a look and see if I'm having the same problems in VR that the others above seem to be having.

 

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Panthercules said:

Fortunately, things didn't look like any of the bad images in the thread above.  Once I get my VR gear set up I'll take a look and see if I'm having the same problems in VR that the others above seem to be having.

 

Yes, the problem primarily concerns VR, where insufficient attention was paid. It's as if no one was testing this in VR even in the Alpha phase. The issue still hasn't been resolved during EA, despite reports, but we're still waiting.

Also, note that you have HDR enabled; that also affects nighttime. There were earlier comparisons here of what HDR looks like on and off and there are also some differences. It doesn't look that bad on your screenshots, but unfortunately for me (and others) it looks terrible.

MyeoBow.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

MajorMagee
Posted

I was curious what it would take to make it look more like the Mig-19 video posted above.

As Snapped In Game

image.jpeg.8691e63e3d23286fc2d089a58fccbcb2.jpeg

With Mid-Range Values Boosted 2X in Photoshop.

image.jpeg.cbad7c4ded3f2c0629fc2a7af60a706e.jpeg

A lot of information is hiding in all that blackness. At least there's no obvious signs of posterization when you bring these details out in post.

Interestingly the same big PBR induced Atmospheric Bloom we see around the sun is lurking under there as well.

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Panthercules
Posted (edited)

Well, I got my VR gear set up and flew a couple of daytime missions in VR - one in the Sabre and one in the F-51.  While not perfect (some annoying building pop-ups, a few stutters, and some FPS drops over Seoul with the Sabre - fewer issues with the F-51, I guess due to the slower speed of the aircraft) it was pretty impressive-looking, and way better than I was expecting to see based on a lot of the griping on the forums.  If I were going to fly it now I'd certainly have to spend some more time tweaking the settings to dial them in a bit better, but overall it was very promising and I'm hopeful the devs can  get it to the desired state by the time my beloved F9F Panther gets here.

HOWEVER, when I repeated my midnight Saber mission (which the screenshots in my post above came from) in VR it was really horrible-looking, just like YoYo and others have been saying.

 

2026_8_22__0_47_6.jpg.8a393d70a9f7a83acd2113260844c507.jpg2026_8_22__0_47_13.jpg.e4d0a6561a26c96c30375b9e21894916.jpg2026_8_22__0_47_23.jpg.457832526bb907d82485a4e922cee973.jpg

I hope the devs are going to deal with this, because there's no chance of doing any night missions in VR in these conditions, which would be a real shame given how cool the night looks in my 2D missions.

Edited by Panthercules
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

AEthelraedUnraed
Posted

@Panthercules Could you provide your GPU and driver version? The more info we provide, the likelier it becomes that the Devs swiftly resolve this. Especially since this issue seems to be highly dependent on hardware; I have one PC where the nights look fabulous even in VR, and another where the issue shows even in 2D.

It would also be great if the Devs could acknowledge that they're aware of and are looking into this issue, even if they don't have the time to fix it right now. 🙂

Posted
17 hours ago, Panthercules said:

HOWEVER, when I repeated my midnight Saber mission (which the screenshots in my post above came from) in VR it was really horrible-looking, just like YoYo and others have been saying.

Exactly, that's what it looks like for me. I've now installed some new NVidia drivers, I'll see if that fixes anything but I suspect it's some kind of bug in the simulator.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Panthercules
Posted
4 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

@Panthercules Could you provide your GPU and driver version? The more info we provide, the likelier it becomes that the Devs swiftly resolve this. Especially since this issue seems to be highly dependent on hardware; I have one PC where the nights look fabulous even in VR, and another where the issue shows even in 2D.

It would also be great if the Devs could acknowledge that they're aware of and are looking into this issue, even if they don't have the time to fix it right now. 🙂

RTX 5090 running Game Ready 610.88 driver

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Posted (edited)

I had earlier NVidia drivers, checked 610.88 driver but the same in VR, still no any kind of the joy at night. :classic_sad:

8YSKzvr.jpg

IvqoSXj.jpg

The problem lies with the IL-2 Korea.

DCS (doesn't a night at DCS look simply beautiful?):

image.png.3d3087839c13016092866568afeda03a.png

 

Edited by YoYo

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

ComputerJones
Posted

Not that this is all that helpful but I did a night mission last night and had none of this banding at all, nor did I have left eye/right eye lighting discrepancies. It was a mission starting at dusk that transitioned into night.

My configuration:

  • i9-14900KF
  • 128GB DDR5
  • Gigabyte RTX4090
  • Pimax Crystal Super 50PPD (72Hz mode, no upscaling, sharpening at 0.2, using Pimax Evo not Pimax Play)

Korea:

  • Using VR Optimized preset
  • DLSS Performance+ (model M configured in Nvidia App)
  • 3x landscape detail
  • 130km horizon draw distance
  • Indirect lighting off
  • no gamma adjustment
  • 85% VR resolution
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ComputerJones said:

Not that this is all that helpful but I did a night mission last night and had none of this banding at all, nor did I have left eye/right eye lighting discrepancies. It was a mission starting at dusk that transitioned into night.

My configuration:

  • i9-14900KF
  • 128GB DDR5
  • Gigabyte RTX4090
  • Pimax Crystal Super 50PPD (72Hz mode, no upscaling, sharpening at 0.2, using Pimax Evo not Pimax Play)

Korea:

  • Using VR Optimized preset
  • DLSS Performance+ (model M configured in Nvidia App)
  • 3x landscape detail
  • 130km horizon draw distance
  • Indirect lighting off
  • no gamma adjustment
  • 85% VR resolution

Thanks for sharing. After analyzing this thread, it seems to be a IL-2 Korea issue but related to GPU. People with RTX 40xx are reporting it's fine, while those with RTX 50xx are primarily experiencing this issue in VR (Am I right?). The driver doesn't matter here. Problems are also reported by Pimax users, so it's not the HMD type. I've tested various Korean settings, and DLSS doesn't seem to matter, nor do other settings.  

1 hour ago, ComputerJones said:

nor did I have left eye/right eye lighting discrepancies

As mentioned earlier, this bug affects the external view, i.e. F2. From the cockpit it's fine.

Edited by YoYo

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

ComputerJones
Posted

I wonder if HDR might be having some effect? I have both Windows HDR and any game and "service application"-related preference set to enabled.

Posted
15 minutes ago, ComputerJones said:

I wonder if HDR might be having some effect? I have both Windows HDR and any game and "service application"-related preference set to enabled.

I don't know of any headsets on the market that support HDR, either with LCD or OLED screens. This Windows feature is reserved for 2D monitors. I have HDR turned off, but there were people who had the same problem and had HDR turned on in the settings.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

AEthelraedUnraed
Posted
49 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thanks for sharing. After analyzing this thread, it seems to be a IL-2 Korea issue but related to GPU. People with RTX 40xx are reporting it's fine, while those with RTX 50xx are primarily experiencing this issue in VR (Am I right?).

Yes, I noticed that as well. The 20 series is also affected, in 2D (although strictly speaking it is below specs, being 3 generations old - but otherwise it works fine).

  • Upvote 1
Posted

I'm on 50xx on 2D there is no problem on my end . HDR on or off.

MajorMagee
Posted

Do the VR headsets do some sort of variable data compression to ease bandwidth issues?

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Posted
6 hours ago, Husar said:

I'm on 50xx on 2D there is no problem on my end . HDR on or off.

50xx on 2D are fine, just VR on 50xx (chen you check this, 2 different sceneraios?). There are some differences in data processing between different cards (shaders) and maybe they didn't take this into account in IL-2 Korea.

4 hours ago, MajorMagee said:

Do the VR headsets do some sort of variable data compression to ease bandwidth issues?

I don't think so, because some people with Pimax are also having problems, not just Meta Quest. The common factor is the GPU. The problem actually occurs on cards from the 20xx series (rarely seen anymore) and the newest 50xx. All in conjunction with VR.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...