Uriah Posted July 26 Posted July 26 I did notice a remarkable difference after I set IL-2 Korea as an exception in MS Windows Defender and also making the suggested selections in Exploit Protection. Before doing these changes, when I was just practicing landing out of airfield K-25 Wonsan, the game would get the jitters. After, no jitters at all. I am on Windows 10, with CPU of AMD Rysen 5, just 16 RAM DDR4, and GPU 4095 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. And I have a 4k monitor 27", with game graphics set to 3840x2160 and so have Anti-Alaising turned off. I am using TrackIR. Admittedly, General Graphics Quality is set to low and generally I have followed 'Dash,Polder's settings. But all that said, the game looks great and doing the quick dog fights and flying over Wonsan has given me no trouble.
Dash,Polder Posted July 26 Author Posted July 26 There's one step we missed from the iRacing batch file run, it did it automatically for the racers, but we need to do it manually. Settings - Privacy & Security - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection, which opens a new window, select manage settings, new window, select add or remove exclusion. You'll get a security prompt, yes, new window. You'll see the batch file already added three iRacing.exe's as exclusions. You can select the entire game folder if you want, I did my pimax, vectorXR, process governor, MSI afterburner, and other flight sims. I see a difference in smoothness, jacked up my res another 5%. My squadie was able to boost up his Super to high from balanced and up the res 7% with stability and better visuals.
Panthercules Posted July 27 Posted July 27 23 hours ago, Dash,Polder said: Settings - Privacy & Security - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection, which opens a new window, select manage settings, new window, select add or remove exclusion. I was trying to do this but ran into a problem. When I click on Settings - Privacy & Security - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection, it does open a new window, but that window has nothing that lets me "select manage settings". I suppose that might be because I'm running Secure by Frontier as my AV? My screenshot is below - am I missing something? Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11
Dash,Polder Posted July 27 Author Posted July 27 Yes, that is completely different than the stock MS app.
Aapje Posted July 27 Posted July 27 I assume that Secure by Frontier turns off the default Windows Defender. So then you would have to configure the exclusion(s) in Secure by Frontier.
Panthercules Posted July 27 Posted July 27 6 hours ago, Aapje said: I assume that Secure by Frontier turns off the default Windows Defender. So then you would have to configure the exclusion(s) in Secure by Frontier. Yes it does. I found a place to exclude the IL-2 folders from scanning in Secure by Frontier, so hopefully that will accomplish the same goal. Thanks! Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11
Dash,Polder Posted July 29 Author Posted July 29 Test run doing black friday, yeah, I suck in the Mig, it's not my ride, barely flown it. .86 on the res slider at 72 hz, super 57 ppd. Won't ever drop below 70. Recorded directly off the right eye, not the desktop. That ability now exists with Pimax EVO.
Dash,Polder Posted July 29 Author Posted July 29 Seoul circuit this time with pimax utility tool on, it can only be seen inside the headset. Interesting starting out with 13,700 VRAM and end up with 18.4 just going downtown and back. So a trip over Seoul going to cost 4K plus minimum. Most of the load is being carried by the GPU.
Charger Posted August 6 Posted August 6 (edited) If I run this, are there any negative impact on other games or other stuff I do on my PC? Which now I think about is just gaming, web browsing and sending emails which is all I've ever done on a PC for the last 30 years lol Edited August 6 by Charger 5800x3D | 5090 | Pimax Super Ultrawide
Dash,Polder Posted August 6 Author Posted August 6 4 minutes ago, Charger said: If I run this, are there any negative impact on other games or other stuff I do on my PC? Which now I think about is just gaming, web browsing and sending emails which is all I've ever done on a PC for the last 30 years lol The only thing would be setting the cores up with this if you have a split CPU and used it for heavy computations besides gaming, but the rest is just stopping windows from doing unnecessary systems scans, but even that is only applied on your gaming stuff.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now