Monksilver Posted July 22 Posted July 22 Korea has been working fine for me since release with no problems at all. Working perfectly in fact, even with graphics maxed out. No problems last night after it updated to latest version. But tonight I click on launcher, then the initial screen shows as usual but when I hit play that screen disappears and nothing happens. On checking Task Manager Korea's launcher is there but showing as using no CPU power. Closed in Task Manger and try again, try again after restart PC, same result every time (tried quite a few times). So for now Korea is completely broken for me. Launcher log attached I've just logged a support ticket but does anyone out there have ideas on how I get it working again? LauncherLog.txt
GiftGruen Posted July 23 Posted July 23 Hm maybe try to delete ( save a copy ! ) …/game/data/startup.cfg and hope that IL2 generates a clean new one ? Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
Blaze1969 Posted July 23 Posted July 23 (edited) I have the exact same issue as Monksilver. Game will not launch, worked fine last night after update. LauncherLog.txt Edited July 23 by Blaze1969
Kageseigi Posted July 24 Posted July 24 Same problem here. After the update, the game won't even load.
Kageseigi Posted July 24 Posted July 24 I uninstalled and reinstalled (also cleaned out the left over directories), and the game worked again. Oddly enough, when I went to restore my old input files (and "startup.cfg), the game would not load. So for my case, it seems the something in the inputs directory (and also the "startup.cfg" file) from the old version isn't letting the game load. When I use the freshly installed files, it loads just fine.
Monksilver Posted July 24 Author Posted July 24 On 7/23/2026 at 6:55 AM, GiftGruen said: Hm maybe try to delete ( save a copy ! ) …/game/data/startup.cfg and hope that IL2 generates a clean new one ? Thanks for the idea, but made no difference. It seems that somehow the update broke the connection between the launcher's opening page and the main game. @Blaze1969 I decided it would be way easier and quicker to just uninstall and download again from fresh - after saving my input settings to a dummy folder and then transplanting back into the new file so I don't have to do my custom bindings from scratch. Everything now working fine so I recommend trying that.
Blaze1969 Posted July 24 Posted July 24 Let me know how you get on. I did the entire delete .cfg uninstall/reinstall reconfigure route and it worked for last nights session. Tonight I logged in and the game loaded to the hangar and froze in VR. No way to select any menu options or move the cursor. In One reload the VR screen was completely grayed out the next it showed 'dual lens mode/VR' mode on my main screen 2D Flat panel but nothing in my headset. TBH I'm tired of early access headaches, will come back in six months or a year...never again buying into it on any game on any platform!
FlyingH Posted July 25 Posted July 25 (edited) Instead of using the launcher go to /IL2Series/game/bin find the IL2Series.exe, copy that to your preferred location (desctop or whereever) and start the game from the exe! That will fix your headaces. Edited July 25 by FlyingH
Monksilver Posted August 3 Author Posted August 3 On 7/24/2026 at 10:43 PM, Blaze1969 said: Let me know how you get on. I did the entire delete .cfg uninstall/reinstall reconfigure route and it worked for last nights session. Tonight I logged in and the game loaded to the hangar and froze in VR. No way to select any menu options or move the cursor. In One reload the VR screen was completely grayed out the next it showed 'dual lens mode/VR' mode on my main screen 2D Flat panel but nothing in my headset. TBH I'm tired of early access headaches, will come back in six months or a year...never again buying into it on any game on any platform! I had the problem occur again so reinstalled and then it happened again. This time I saw a Norton message saying that the launcher was considered a threat so I clicked on the button to create an exception for it and and restore the launcher. So have a look at that.
FZG_immel Posted September 26 Posted September 26 (edited) can somebody help me ? the game worked fine at launch-.. now 2 months later it wont start nothing happens when I click play, or when i start the exe directly.- I have installed latest drivers Nvidia, and also reinstalled the game., WTF is going on.. no other issue with any other game either this is the only error I get in the event viewer: Faulting application name: IL2Series.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x6a75ea9b Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.51.36247.0, time stamp: 0xc35ddc74 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000001ddcb Faulting process id: 0x168c Faulting application start time: 0x01dd4e046a0ddcb5 Faulting application path: D:\IL2Series\game\bin\game\IL2Series.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll Report Id: ce5917d3-b62d-4af2-a713-f8312c4b46da Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID Edited September 26 by FZG_immel
Valis Posted September 27 Posted September 27 (edited) 2 hours ago, FZG_immel said: can somebody help me ? the game worked fine at launch-.. now 2 months later it wont start nothing happens when I click play, or when i start the exe directly.- I have installed latest drivers Nvidia, and also reinstalled the game., WTF is going on.. no other issue with any other game either this is the only error I get in the event viewer: Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.51.36247.0, time stamp: 0xc35ddc74 Try installing this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 Edited September 27 by Valis
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now