BlitzPig_EL Posted July 9 Posted July 9 With all the changes that will be coming with release, and beyond, will I still be able to use the missions I have made so far? It would be good to know either way, because if they will be broken I won't bother with any more work on current projects.
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted July 10 1C Game Studios Posted July 10 Just like with GB, yes, this is always possible.
Jaegermeister Posted July 10 Posted July 10 1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said: With all the changes that will be coming with release, and beyond, will I still be able to use the missions I have made so far? It would be good to know either way, because if they will be broken I won't bother with any more work on current projects. Scenery will most likely be updated so you may have to change it later, but at the very worst you should be able to import your groups and logic to a new map. 2 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
AEthelraedUnraed Posted July 10 Posted July 10 (edited) As Luke says, it's always possible but the chance is greatest for the compressed .msnbin files. Even if the .mission format is changed to such an extent that it isn't compatible any more, the plain-text format means that it should generally be possible to convert it to the new format with a reasonably advanced text editor (e.g. Notepad++). In other words, don't worry too much but don't delete the .mission files. Edited July 10 by AEthelraedUnraed
Jade_Monkey Posted July 10 Posted July 10 They can also break AFTER launch with further patches, or dlc launches. So no point in holding back now. AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 32 GB DDR4 | nVME SSD | VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now