chrisgibon Posted July 6 Posted July 6 (edited) I have a pretty powerful setup featuring a Ryzen 7 9850X3D, an RTX 5080 graphics card, 64GB of DDR5-6000 RAM, and a 2TB Crucial CT2000T710SSD8 PCIe 5.0 SSD. The entire setup is supported by an ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI motherboard. Despite this hardware, I'm experiencing far too much micro-stuttering in IL2-KOREA. Sure, it's an Early Access version, but it's honestly very frustrating. Yet, everything runs incredibly smoothly in IL2-BOS, MSFS2024, and DCS World. Edited July 6 by chrisgibon 1 RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
BlitzPig_EL Posted July 6 Posted July 6 Interesting, my setup is a notch or two below yours in specification, but I notice no stuttering. Are you in VR or on a panel? 1
chrisgibon Posted July 7 Author Posted July 7 I don't use VR. Just an LCD monitor SAMSUNG LC27G75TQSUXEN via DisplayPort: 2560x1440 @ 240 Hz (HDR Off / Sync ON) but also tested at 120 Hz and HDR OFF / Sync OFF: same stuttering. RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
chrisgibon Posted July 7 Author Posted July 7 @Dash,Polder: That is indeed the case for processors x3d with more than eight cores, but the Ryzen 7 9850X3D has only a single die with 8 cores. 2 RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
HybridHanger Posted July 7 Posted July 7 15 hours ago, chrisgibon said: I have a pretty powerful setup featuring a Ryzen 7 9850X3D, an RTX 5080 graphics card, 64GB of DDR5-6000 RAM, and a 2TB Crucial CT2000T710SSD8 PCIe 5.0 SSD. The entire setup is supported by an ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI motherboard. Despite this hardware, I'm experiencing far too much micro-stuttering in IL2-KOREA. Sure, it's an Early Access version, but it's honestly very frustrating. Yet, everything runs incredibly smoothly in IL2-BOS, MSFS2024, and DCS World. If you can pull up some GPU utilization metrics, let us know what you see when it's stuttering. That will help you know where the bottleneck is. If it's < 99% then you're CPU bound. BTW 9850X3D can still benefit from a Balanced power plan + disabling the USB Suspend and PCIE Link State Mgmt power saving features. Small gains, but are a best known practice.
chrisgibon Posted July 7 Author Posted July 7 Okay, I'll give the "Balanced" power mode a try. I had already disabled USB Suspend and PCIe Link State Power Management, and set the CPU power state to 100% for both the minimum and maximum settings. None of that made any difference. I'm trying to use NVIDIA's FrameView, but it doesn't seem as powerful or detailed as what I've seen elsewhere. What other tools would you recommend? RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
chrisgibon Posted July 8 Author Posted July 8 Okay, thanks for the capture tool. I just made two recordings to compare 10 minutes of low-altitude flight with an Me 262 on the Rhineland Summer map against 10 minutes of low-altitude flight with an F-80 on IL2_Korea. 1 RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
chrisgibon Posted July 10 Author Posted July 10 After countless attempts—each more useless than the last—I finally resigned myself to the idea that I had to switch from HIGH mode to BALANCED. I assume the HIGH and ULTRA modes are reserved for owners of 4090 or 5090 graphics cards. RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
pr0x Posted July 10 Posted July 10 Indirect lighting = off, dlss=quality, fps limit=90. That should guarantee a stutter-free experience on a 5080.
YoYo Posted July 10 Posted July 10 Optimalization incoming (I hope!) https://media.il2-korea.com/news/dd_80. My main problem is with cities. Seoul and larger villages are at half the FPS (on RTX5059!), although they're not as detailed as in DCS, where I have maximum framerate and the cities are several times larger. I hope they fix this. 👍 3 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Dash,Polder Posted July 10 Posted July 10 7 hours ago, chrisgibon said: After countless attempts—each more useless than the last—I finally resigned myself to the idea that I had to switch from HIGH mode to BALANCED. I assume the HIGH and ULTRA modes are reserved for owners of 4090 or 5090 graphics cards. More about how much VRAM you have to burn.
Xtremist Posted July 13 Posted July 13 On 7/10/2026 at 2:32 PM, reidarpeidar said: Indirect lighting = off, dlss=quality, fps limit=90. That should guarantee a stutter-free experience on a 5080. No, it doesn't. When shooting guns or rockets, or watching smoke, explosions etc. from close the stutter is there. Rtx 5080, R7 9800x3d, 64gb ram.
pr0x Posted July 14 Posted July 14 (edited) 15 hours ago, Xtremist said: No, it doesn't. When shooting guns or rockets, or watching smoke, explosions etc. from close the stutter is there. Rtx 5080, R7 9800x3d, 64gb ram. Are you sure that isn't one of the camera effects you're experiencing? What is your refresh rate, resolution and sync-settings? Edited July 14 by reidarpeidar
Xtremist Posted July 14 Posted July 14 11 minutes ago, reidarpeidar said: Are you sure that isn't one of the camera effects you're experiencing? What is your refresh rate, resolution and sync-settings? I am sure. 4k dlss quality, freesync, 90fps target.
chrisgibon Posted July 14 Author Posted July 14 On 7/10/2026 at 2:32 PM, reidarpeidar said: Indirect lighting = off, dlss=quality, fps limit=90. That should guarantee a stutter-free experience on a 5080. I also tried—still starting from the same base, same aircraft... No change! Could we know what your setup is? RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
Elf Posted July 15 Posted July 15 (edited) RTX 5080 is quite good for Ultra-graphics in 2K resolutuion. I'm currently using FSR Quality setting (DLSS has horribly blurruing effect in every cockpit), and FSR AA. Fps limit =144. So my average fps in missions editor is 90-120 at the field, and 120-140 airborne (lone flight without combat) Edited July 15 by Elf
pr0x Posted July 15 Posted July 15 21 hours ago, chrisgibon said: I also tried—still starting from the same base, same aircraft... No change! Could we know what your setup is? More or less the same as xtremist, except I have a 5090 and I am running in VR at 6144x3216 pixels. I have never seen stuttering from smoke or effects of any kind, and it seems very strange that that would cause stuttering since it is not at all computationally expensive. A 5080 eats the particle effects in this game for breakfast. The only time I get stuttering is when there are massive formations of planes within 20 km or so, or when there is a lot going on on the ground.
chrisgibon Posted July 17 Author Posted July 17 (edited) On 7/10/2026 at 9:46 PM, Dash,Polder said: More about how much VRAM you have to burn. Everything looks pretty good regarding the displayed parameter values. With 64GB of DDR5 for my Ryzen 7 9850X3D and 16GB on the RTX 5080, these values don't really show any hardware overload. No, I think the developers are going to need to do a serious optimization pass 😉. Edited July 17 by chrisgibon RYZEN 7 9850X3D - RTX 5080 - 64GB DDR5 6000 CL30 - 2TB CRUCIAL T710 SSD - ROG STRIX X870E-E
Bulldog Posted July 17 Posted July 17 Same here with the 5080/64 GB RAM and have used Track IR and the Samsung Galaxy XR. Fairly fluid flying high but becomes a blocky slideshow when low and landing. BD
LuftManu Posted July 17 Posted July 17 On 7/10/2026 at 5:13 PM, YoYo said: Optimalization incoming (I hope!) https://media.il2-korea.com/news/dd_80. My main problem is with cities. Seoul and larger villages are at half the FPS (on RTX5059!), although they're not as detailed as in DCS, where I have maximum framerate and the cities are several times larger. I hope they fix this. 👍 From Han on discord: Good news here is that while we have repeated all these tests for preparing all these posts we found that there is a room in optimization of couple tiny but very spreaded graphicsl effects and general issue with mass-formation (simple) B29s LODs. So in most complex cases - low-flying over city and heavy combat there will be some significant improvement in performance in the next update. 🙂 2 2 Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K
YoYo Posted July 17 Posted July 17 55 minutes ago, LuftManu said: From Han on discord: Good news here is that while we have repeated all these tests for preparing all these posts we found that there is a room in optimization of couple tiny but very spreaded graphicsl effects and general issue with mass-formation (simple) B29s LODs. So in most complex cases - low-flying over city and heavy combat there will be some significant improvement in performance in the next update. 🙂 Sounds very well! Cant wait! Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Dash,Polder Posted July 17 Posted July 17 One thing I will never understand is why aircraft spotting is tied to the General Graphic quality setting, it should be the same LOD's and distance for every setting. That way you would at least have the same chance to do an air fight in the lowest graphics quality. Yeah you can get your 90 FPS at the lowest setting, but what is the point when your blind to anything out of your tiny range?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now