Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Sketch
Posted

This is a short series I created on the basics of the mission editor for IL-2 Korea. You can learn more from JimTM's Mission Editor Manual and asking questions in this forum. Happy mission making!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3
Posted (edited)

Thanks, but if you're creating a "Beginner tutorial" then everything should be from scratch, meanwhile you've already created a mission and you don't tell me how to create it from "0". It would be nice to see an actual tutorial for a "beginner" but when you upload files, you create a mission from scratch.

Someone tried to create something here from null, but the Spanish language means nothing to me. :classic_rolleyes:

I think it would be great if someone created an actual "beginner tutorial" for even a simple mission, loading the Editor, adding individual files, creating an own airfield, the player's plane plus a few AI wingmen, setting targets, creating a flight path, the mission objective, a simple trigger—succeed or fail (destroy the target), and returning to the airport. This would be very useful for newcomers. In English for sure.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Sketch
Posted

Hi Yoyo,

I do start at zero. I assume the viewer knows nothing about the mission editor. I begin discussing the entire mission editor interface. Then, I talk about the shortcut keys, how the events work in the editor, as a sequence of events I like to call "The Pulse", and other nuances the editor has - before I start making any mission.

You can skip to video 3 in the series; where I begin making a very simple mission.

 

Sketch

  • Like 2
Posted

Okay, that's true. I just watched it this morning without sound, still in bed, so I saw what was in video 1. There's actually more in video 3. I'd love to watch the whole thing. I don't know if you know this, but you don't need to download any templates from the forum. The first patch brought these files (there is also a note on the Forum), so you have everything up to date. Besides, I think FULL SCENE brings everything; you don't need to upload the files one by one; this one is enough.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Jaegermeister
Posted

@Sketch, did you put anywhere in the videos that CTL+S is your friend? The editor is more stable than before, but there are still occasional crashes.

  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

PeterRobbins
Posted (edited)

Glad there is an editor as I’m just recently starting to make my own generator for general public use and have had extreme difficulty otherwise determining appropriate runway placement of flights. 

image.png

Edited by PeterRobbins
  • Like 5
Sketch
Posted

Thanks guys for the feedback. Hopefully players interested in building missions will look upon this forum and see your corrections to my videos.

  • Like 2
  • LukeFF pinned this topic
LuftManu
Posted

This has been great @Sketch

  • Like 2

Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Where's the undo?  🤣😆

Jaegermeister
Posted
On 8/10/2026 at 4:27 PM, eszyman said:

Where's the undo?  🤣😆

CTL+Z. It works for some things and not others. You can use it in the text files and with cut and paste MCUs. Unfortunately it does not undo deleting objects, there are too many links. 

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

  • 2 weeks later...
JG14_Jagr
Posted

Is there a way to make a simple mission with a player in an F86 and a bunch of Mig15's to use as targets?  Pregerrably unarmed (no ammo) so I can simply work on my gunnery and deflection shooting.

Jaegermeister
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, JG14_Jagr said:

Is there a way to make a simple mission with a player in an F86 and a bunch of Mig15's to use as targets?  Pregerrably unarmed (no ammo) so I can simply work on my gunnery and deflection shooting.

There are various ways to do that, yes.

You should be able to set that up in the Task Editor in about 1 minute and get to practicing. That’s what it is for.

If the enemy can not be set to unarmed in the Task Editor, you could open that .gen mission from the Task Editor In the Mission Editor and delete the ammo from the enemy planes.

 

Edited by Jaegermeister

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I watched his first 3 videos today and part of 4.. helpful. Pace is nice, fair amount of detail. By part 4 I feel like there are a few gaps and im discovering them as I build my own mission, but that's inevitable I think unless one is rigidly systematic but that can get very dull. nice contribution Sketch! My questions will appear here in the forum for all you generous helpers 🙂

Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Anyone know if there are any disused airfields in N Korea that could be quietly used as a place to land special ops team?

Or a dirt field somewhere?

Creating a FARP behind the lines seems impossible there is no flat ground anywhere.. I may be forced to seize a small airfield 😉

NVM I found one 🙂

Edited by Viking1

Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...