WWGeezer Posted July 3 Posted July 3 I spent this afternoon digging into the Multi-Menu and would strongly recommend you give it a close look before you finalize your key bindings for the game. You access this with the "back space" key and navigate it and flip switches with up and down arrows. You hit the backspace a couple more times to start over. It is basically a toggle menu for many standard commands, but really it is much more than that. Each Multi Menu is similar but is different for each aircraft. I put three of them side by side as an example. You can see the Il-10 is much different than the MiG. But all of them are similar. Communication and Maps on the left, Helpers / Auto pilots on the right, Controls top and bottom. Generally the unique controller toggles are on the top. How many times have you jumped into an aircraft you haven't flown in awhile and can't remember if it has Oil radiators or Prop Pitch you can control. If you use Multi Menu as your start up routine a quick review would remind you of what you need to get set up before you start the engine. But its more than that. Any toggle that has a little triangle tab on it means if you click on it , it opens up submenus with more controls. I made a simple graphic that includes some of those key sub menus. Use this to control all your lights in one place, use this to select all the options for gunsights, use this to adjust your trim, or reset it with a great graphic showing you what you did. Some of these are more powerful than simple key mappings and might reduce how many bindings you really need to do. As a VR flyer I have often joked that we have to fly like Helen Keller, feeling your devices blind, trying to find the correct button. This tool greatly limits the need to do that. I would caution that some of the buttons only give you information if you are in the cockpit view, so keep that in mind. If I have any concerns about this tool it would be that the developer has drilled in pretty deep here and it will require a lot of work to keep it up to date as things change over time. 9 8 1
Viking1 Posted July 4 Posted July 4 (edited) Hey great post! I've just had a look for the first time at MM and had to change my stick config 😉I got pretty excited checking out the Command Menu for similar reasons.. so flexible and no more looking for number keys on my KB just scroll with my hat and execute. Edited July 4 by Viking1 add comment 1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Viking1 Posted July 5 Posted July 5 Here's one for the F86 and F51 3 2 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Eclipse4349 Posted August 6 Posted August 6 (edited) This is an innovation that really deserves some praise. I bought Korea a couple nights ago and only had time to get my controllers initialized and start up and take off in an F-51, after some time exploring while on the ground. Even in that short time, I'm beyond impressed! This menu and control method should be front and center in promoting the game, I think. Someone with a console controller can fly and have easy, intuitive access to all the controls, just as someone with a HOTAS. This really lowers the barrier of entry, I think. And it lowers the number of keybinds someone flying in VR has to remember. Well done, team! Edited August 12 by Eclipse4349 4 1
Snacko Posted August 7 Posted August 7 Thanks for the wonderful post... Maybe I'm a little dense? I've just flown 3 aircraft and tried to use the MM, but it does nothing when I click on anything? What am I doing wrong??
Eclipse4349 Posted August 7 Posted August 7 1 hour ago, Snacko said: Thanks for the wonderful post... Maybe I'm a little dense? I've just flown 3 aircraft and tried to use the MM, but it does nothing when I click on anything? What am I doing wrong?? I had to play with it for a couple minutes to figure out how it works. You have keybinds to pull up the menu and to move the selection up, down, left, and right. If you pull up the menu, let's say, and then move the selection to the left panel where the radio, flight command, HUD options, and map are located, you would then use the up and down commands to highlight the item you want to activate, or the sub-menu you want to go into for that item. Once it's highlight, you just press left or right to activate that function. Similarly, if you open the menu and then move to the top or bottom row, you would select a function in the row by move left or right, and then press up or down to activate that function. I'm sure there are other nuances to it, but that's the basic function I figured out. Great stuff! I flew my first F-86 flight in a coop mission with a friend last night, not having anything memorized except stick, throttle, pedals, and the guns trigger. Everything else I did through the multimenu, and it was great! 2
Snacko Posted August 7 Posted August 7 Thanks, that got me going.. I bound the Cursor keys to a hat.. But it would be nice if we could just use our mouse. Moving quickly from one side of the MM to another takes a lot of clicking. But do like this menu. Very handy. 1
Eclipse4349 Posted August 10 Posted August 10 On 8/7/2026 at 4:31 PM, Snacko said: Thanks, that got me going.. I bound the Cursor keys to a hat.. But it would be nice if we could just use our mouse. Moving quickly from one side of the MM to another takes a lot of clicking. But do like this menu. Very handy. You're welcome! Once you get used to what functions are grouped to what side of the menu and where they are it's pretty quick. Being in VR it's nice to be able to navigate all those functions without taking my hand off the stick. 1
Belatu42 Posted September 8 Posted September 8 I find it super useful in VR. Is there a 'back' or 'cancel' function for the MM? I couldn't find one in the key bindings menu, for now I just close and re-open the MM...
Snacko Posted September 8 Posted September 8 6 hours ago, Belatu42 said: I find it super useful in VR. Is there a 'back' or 'cancel' function for the MM? I couldn't find one in the key bindings menu, for now I just close and re-open the MM... I think you just press the Multimenu button again and it goes away. 1
Belatu42 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 On 9/8/2026 at 4:51 PM, Snacko said: I think you just press the Multimenu button again and it goes away yeah, that's how i use it now.
Hootman9104 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago As I'm just setting up my controls, I just got to digging around this feature in the past hour. Quite useful. My VKB has a ministick on the throttle under the index finger, and with that as my cursor control, and "enter" on the press, it makes this really useful. This form of "multi-menu" is a great addition to the series, and seems to be a growing trend in modern flight sims, especially those with "AI" copilots.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now