Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

MajorMagee
Posted

I have the Logitech version of the X52 Pro HOTAS and found that the correlation to the game's default Saitek X52 Pro setup was not very good.

I kept the Pitch, Roll, Yaw, Throttle, Prop, Mixture, and Sight Range assignments, but otherwise went through and deleted all of the button or toggle switch assignments.

I then went through the X52 Pro profile manager and assigned key assignments to each of the available control inputs using the full compliment of buttons, switches, and toggles, with their Pinkie Switch alternatives for each of the 3 Modes. This provided access to nearly 100 functions without my hands needing to leave the HOTAS.

Using this approach I can also trigger a sequence of key entries that work together to accomplish scripted actions.

For example, in Mode 1, Pressing the Launch Button with the Pinkie Switch activated sends "H" "Print Screen" "H". This Hides all of the in-game HUD & Messages, saves the screenshot in the Game/Screenshots folder, and then restores the HUD & Messages. You hear a sound but otherwise everything happens instantaneously without interrupting the flow of the game.

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Stonehouse
Posted (edited)

Very much agree, the addition of the ability to have a DX button as a modifier as well as the CNTL, SHIFT and ALT key was a really good enhancement.

That plus the different profiles work really well. For instance, I have a jets profile that has the unshifted trims set for pitch and ailerons with pinkie + left and right trim hat doubling as rudder trim (since jets hardly ever need rudder trim) and a prop profile with unshifted trims set for pitch and rudder with pinkie + left and right trim hat doubling as aileron trim (as mostly props don't need aileron trim). You can then assign the appropriate profile to each aircraft.

Edited by Stonehouse

Intel Ultra9 285K, ROG Strix Z890-A, 32 GB RAM, RTX 5070 Ti 16GBVRAM and driver 616.56, Win11 Pro, Saitek Pro Flight Combat pedals, Warthog HOTAS, TM Cougar MFDs, Monitor resolution 2560x1440 at 164kHz using G-Sync. Graphics settings maximum.

Dash,Polder
Posted

A high zoom and one of the lower zoom levels when pressed together will give you a zoom in between, so you can have three zoom levels for a twofer in buttons.

MajorMagee
Posted (edited)

Here are my initial assignments. I've left plenty of spare slots to support hoped for functions like wing folding, and tail hooks.

image.jpeg.08dab31e6d90906353e9df3da8c04c4e.jpeg

Rudder Trim Right should be Left Control + X. (Update 0.002)

Edited by MajorMagee

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Racsog97
Posted

Hi!  I just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you put on this bindings and also to share them with us the community ? Did u had any problem with the F80-C Shooting Star ?   When I am on new mission and I want to unlock noswheel steering it wont unlock ? maybe a bug Idk.  Many thanks for sharing this with all and if you do some update I'll come back here to pick up some new bindings or scripts =D 

 

Have a nice day,

Óscar.

MajorMagee
Posted

This thread is meant for any and everyone to make their contributions to it.

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Stonehouse
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Racsog97 said:

Hi!  I just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you put on this bindings and also to share them with us the community ? Did u had any problem with the F80-C Shooting Star ?   When I am on new mission and I want to unlock noswheel steering it wont unlock ? maybe a bug Idk.  Many thanks for sharing this with all and if you do some update I'll come back here to pick up some new bindings or scripts =D 

 

Have a nice day,

Óscar.

FYI It uses brakes for steering and doesn't have true nose wheel steering like the F86.

image.png.9c67f240cf1b6a64759012d885a2aba8.png

image.png.5a079ce03dab3a863f37d6d9098f02df.png

Edited by Stonehouse
  • Like 1

Intel Ultra9 285K, ROG Strix Z890-A, 32 GB RAM, RTX 5070 Ti 16GBVRAM and driver 616.56, Win11 Pro, Saitek Pro Flight Combat pedals, Warthog HOTAS, TM Cougar MFDs, Monitor resolution 2560x1440 at 164kHz using G-Sync. Graphics settings maximum.

Viking1
Posted (edited)

My X52 config is pretty basic but I'm finding it does the trick so far. Still experimenting;. Has anyone found a way to save different X52 control sets in the game? I haven't found it but wondering if there is a way. Also having to hit F2 then F8 for ext padlock is a pain. Is there away to do this with one key press?

My setup images attached. Note the trim bindings dont work not sure why.

KOREA_X52-Pro-SM.jpg

KOREA_X52-Pro-THR.jpg

Edited by Viking1
update

Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I love my X52 Pro for its overall utility, but not happy with the weak and linear spring tension. Much preferred my TM Cougar in past years for actual stick use. Thinking now of upgrades.. Virpil or VKB?

Opinions?

Edited by Viking1

Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR

GiftGruen
Posted

I owned VKB Gladiator + WW2 Throttle and was very happy with precision and versatility. 

Changed to Virpil throttle / WinWing panel - just because of the 'metal feeling' of Virpil. As a stick I am now using VKB GF4 + 200mm extension.

Love both companys, while Virpil has more of the heavy metal feeling, the VKB lineup seems to be more versatile/modular. From quality point of view they are both brilliant. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

Posted (edited)

Virpil and VKB are both quality. I think that the STECS throttle is probably the best available right now with how many features and buttons it has. I'm very happy with it.

VKB has the cheapest joystick that is actual quality, the Gladiator. It's a bit on the small side though, so it was not that comfortable for me with my big hands, but it fits well with small to medium hands. Biggest downside is the missing brake lever.

Virpil now has a good mid-range option with the CDT-AEROMAX, which has the lever and more high quality materials, but you pay more as well. Keep in mind that they don't list prices with VAT even for regions where that is legally mandatory. Their shipping times are also highly variable and uncertain.

Both also have high-end options, but I would seriously consider FFB if you are going to spend that kind of money.

PS. I would generally suggest not getting the WW 2 sticks/throttles, because unless you replicate an entire cockpit, you won't have a real experience anyway, and more buttons allows much more flexibility in how you set things up.

Edited by Aapje
  • Thanks 1
Posted

I currently own an VKB Gunfighter, VKB T-Rudder pedals and a Virpil Mongoose T50 throttle (the original one). I also had an VKB Gladiator for a short while (the original KG 13 grip). I think both VKB and Virpil are excellent and well worth the price.

However, i'm now upgrading to R1 Falcon pedals, FLNKR Grip on WarBRD-D and VMAX prime throttle all from Virpil. Main reason was that i want regular rudder pedals with brakes and VKB doesn't offer that. I also wanted a metal grip and i think the FLNKR grip is a little better than the Gunfighter ultimate and i'm pretty sure i'll be able to sell my Gunfighter to cover the costs of the WarBRD Base. And then i'll have all from one manufacturer. The throttle upgrade is not really necessary to be honest, but i'm still looking forward to it.

I think VKB has the more flexible offer overall and the Gladitor stick and Stecs throttle are probably the best offer for the money right now. You can also easily just order the basic Stecs and then upgrade it later on. Some of their products (Gunfighter, T-Rudder pedals) require the black box (basically a box between the stick/pedals and PC) and i really don't like that. I much prefer to just plug the device into the PC or (which is possible on the more expensive Virpil devices) slave it through the devices instead.

Also some points about Virpil, the delivery can take a very long time (many months), when the product is not on stock. Unless you order from Amazon, in which case you buy a hefty premium. I'm not a fan of that business model to be honest. VKB delivery ist much faster. 

If you plan to use table mounts, the CDT-AEROMAX from Virpil requires an adapter plate to mount it so i would just spend the extra money on their brand new T-50CM4 instead, if you want to go Virpil and use table mounts.

But i think VKB might make more sense for you and the Gladiator + Stecs or NXT throttles will be an huge upgrade to the X-52 (which i also used for a while).

  • Thanks 1
Posted

>> PS. I would generally suggest not getting the WW 2 sticks/throttles, because .. more buttons allows much more flexibility in how you set things up

I hear ya. Looking at VKB Gunfighter and STECS throttle.

Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR

Posted (edited)

This is what I have so far.  I have a VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro and WinWing Throttle and panels.  I also was getting confused setting up the views, which are incomplete at the moment.  So, I pasted all of the Camera Controls into a cheat sheet.  I have my Rockets button also assigned to the external view, which is kind of kool.  I want to find the best way to do it with the bombs as well..

Oh, and I have my brake pedals setup as button modifiers, using UCR(Universal Control Remapper) and vJoy buttons.  Since I only use the brakes on the ground, I am free to use them in the air at any time as a modifier So I can double bind buttons.

IL2 KOREA.png

IL2 KOREA - CAMERAS.jpg

Edited by Snacko

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...